*** Official Sager NP9877 / Clevo P870TM-G Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 4 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 5, 2017.

1. supernovastar

supernovastar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone heard of the SourNinja Dual Wield external GPU project that uses a PCI Express 3.0 x16 to MXM 3 adapter with riser? I wonder if it's just bull sh*t scam.

[​IMG]

If it's not a scam, I would be interested in something that will allow for use of the RTX 2080 TI as an eGPU in the future.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Well it would be 8x in our model, but it's possible just there are issues with the ECU expecting certain sensor data and it not being massively practical.

3. varunreeves

varunreeves Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone in the line for getting the p870TM-R ? What are your expectations and what are your worries about the machine? I am wondering if the machine will have any headroom for the cpu to go above 4.3 / 4.4 Ghz and whether the GPU has any at all before the machine becomes a toaster for cooking food. This of course after delidded undervolted and LM applied machines as sold by hid etc.

4. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Since RTX 2080 have lower TDP than GTX 1080 - it might be even cooler than older brother - expect 70-75C with max load for VC cooling solution. About CPU - if any DTR laptop is going to handle i9 9900k properly than it might be only mighty P870xx. If you want top machine - go for this beast:)

Papusan likes this.
  5. Tyranus07

Tyranus07 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have an honest question. Now that Alienware has a machine with desktop CPU and upgradeable GPU, why buy Clevo?

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Well it costs a heck of a lot more for one lol

7. skandal

skandal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    People seem to forget this quite often when comparing systems.

Other problems?
    - AW does not sell worldwide.
    - In Europe, the price of the machine is going to skyrocket fast. Just as comparison, a Dell Precision 7530 costs 3321€ (and this is a special price I got trough a Dell reseller) compared to the 2400€ you can buy them in the US.

Also, there aren't any tests yet, I think it will be better than a P87x and P7xx, but reviews will tell.

Arrrrbol likes this.
  8. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No one knows. In my opinion cooling looks not promising. Like it is almost same as of laptops with BGA CPU. Nothing compared to P870TM. Alien probably will be louder/hotter and throttled way down.

Why buy clevo? Because they're well known for minding their own businesses. They wont tell you what to do and how much u have to throttle your machine to run till end of warranty. Dellaware is like father that controls you and tell you exactly what to do, without respecting your own opinion.

jclausius likes this.
  9. skandal

skandal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's not. If you check the several disassembles that are online the heat-sink look beefy.
    If it's better than other DTRs, reviews will tell.

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Compared to the vapor chamber in the p870 series it wont stand a chance, that much is obvious.

jclausius, kfxsti, Papusan and 2 others like this.