*** Official Sager NP9877 / Clevo P870TM-G Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 4 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 5, 2017.

1. varunreeves

varunreeves Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know that. I was asking for what online places to look for deals during BFriday other than Amazon or Best buy. Secondly I was asking where to get Ram modules from and what should I look at before buying them? I am likely to get one 16gb module from a reseller so am trying to buy some modules for the clevo chassis but should I match only Frequency or some other things too?

I have some clue of good online for 2tb drives but no clue for Ram modules where I could get some rebates during BF. Any advice on all the above questions ?

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Speed and CAS latency need to match the module you get.

3. kfxsti

kfxsti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Happy merry Thanksgiving to everyone here !! May your turkey be moist, and you avoid diabetes. Lol

Papusan likes this.
  4. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Newegg.com

5. Wild Turkey

Reputations:
    I second that about Ted. He contacted me directly right outta the blue about my order attempts.

6. Wild Turkey

Reputations:
    I live in a closet, GF and 2 kids....

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Looks like your basement radiator could do with a dusting :p

FTW_260 likes this.
  8. varunreeves

varunreeves Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am waiting on news to surface of 9900k in this machine so as to get ready to buy one! In the meantime I had a question about ssd caching in the machine. My situation will be something like this : In my new system (I am yet to get) I plan to have a 1 tb nvme samsung 970 evo for regular purposes and I have a mechanical 2 tb hdd. I also have a spare 120gb ssd lying around. I was hoping to use the ssd as a caching drive for the hdd only. I need the steps of how to achieve this. Can anyone point me to reading/steps for this ?

In my current system (lenovo y510p) there is Expresscache and that doesn't require much setup other than just installing the software and cleaning the cache drive from within windows 8.1. But not sure how one would do this on a clevo esp for the use case I mentioned above ie only for 1 hdd.

9. amirbahalegharn

amirbahalegharn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    is there a better heatsink for p870tm(rather than default stock one) for 9900K OC+gtx1080si OC on this device?
    sth better than for example this water-cooling custom-made heatsink for p775tm:
    https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?&id=563282040214
    in chinese store,i could find these for those who are interested(heatsink for p870tm):
    https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?&id=556782157877
    https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?&id=571338400684
    https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?&id=577675105045
    if anyone interested in buying from taobao,use agents like yoybuy,cssbuy,superbuy,chrisvicmall ,....

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  10. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    There's a P870 version similar to that water cooled heatsink floating around on taobao. Haven't seen many reports in the wild though but in the screenshots in the ads it seems to work OK. I'd be wary of the lack of sealing (orings, gaskets etc) both between the two pieces of each heatsink and each part of the 3 sections of the P870 version, and there is a story floating around of someone's P775 being ruined by leaks from one of these

The other things you linked to are the stock P870DM3 heatsinks which on the CPU side being made for the sky/kabylake quads are nowhere near good enough to cool 9900k at stock, and one of the later P870 vapour chamber heatsinks that lacks that (rather pointless) bridge section that connects it to the CPU radiator.

Papusan likes this.