*** Official Sager NP9877 / Clevo P870TM-G Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 4 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Oct 5, 2017.

1. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    yeah I agree, and it comes stock on the right configs anyways if you buy EUROCOM as an example, maybe HID/EVOC too

Vasudev and NIGHTMARE like this.
  2. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    You have selected several things that most other resellers do not offer. Most notably is the HIDevolution Global Warranty.

HIDevolution.com Global warranties cover 2 instances per year of 2 way international shipping (by FedEx, DHL, or USPS/EMS - at HIDevolution's discretion) should the system and/or parts need to be sent back to the US for warranty related repair or replacement.

Where are you located?

Please reach out to me so that I can go over your configuration with you. Please feel free to email me at Donald@HIDevolution.com or email me your phone number and I can call you between 4:00 PM and 1:00 AM GMT (9 AM and 6 PM PDT) - Monday through Friday - to discuss any questions you might have.

3. shengna

shengna Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Buy barebone now and wait for 9900K to replace CPU

4. GrandesBollas

GrandesBollas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think that would be a risk for this person. Although the 9900K should fit with the LGA 1151 socket, you don't know what BIOS mods may need to be made to support it. You also don't know whether Clevo may want to engineer internal changes as well.

5. varunreeves

varunreeves Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the replies everyone and now to respond to everyone in turn.

I haven't bought any machine as of yet and nor am I going to do so in a haste. Right now it is just window shopping and re-config to get the correct one. I am waiting for 1180 gtx to be out and 9k intels to be out so I still atleast have a month or two to go before getting anything

As to two extended warranties I didn't know if both are mutually exclusive or that the bigger one already includes the lesser one. If it does include then it saves me money for sure. Donald reached out from Hid so I might get in touch with them to get this thing cleared.

That is a yes from me too for vapor chamber as some of you have also advised to go for it.
    I am thinking of getting both so as to be on the safer side.

No I need 64 gb or atleast ram in excess of 32 gb ram but I was going to get only 16 gb from hid and buy the sticks online later and cheaper (maybe on black friday)

Nope I prefer the ready made way. Delidding ( Since I have never done it ) won't be a great idea esp to do on such a heavy costing machine.

No but I thought without OS , how would the company run any tests for any performance, benchmarks, issues, bad sectors, memory issues, graphics card issues etc ?

hmm ok. I agree with that.
    Warranty I still have to figure out. I am in the US currently but might be going to India maybe next year and I don't want just up and go without some roof over my laptop's proverbial head as I expect it to last me atleast 5 - 10 yrs !

This is my question too. If it breaks after an year will the warranty help ?

Warranty already answered above ie I am trying to figure it out. As to ram, also answered above.

Now to further questions. I am going for the delidded choice for CPU rated for 5.1 ghz. I hope that is a good choice. I don't want to pay a premium for 5.3 ghz but I don't also want something that cannot go a little faster if I want to push it sometime in the future. So is my choice ok ?

As to thermal pasting I do not want a liquid metal paste so I hope conductonaught (if I spelled it correctly) which is used by HID isn't one. Is it ?

What is the difference between B173QTN01.0 and B173QTN01.4 other than the obvious version number change ? The latter is higher priced but doesn't even say that it is Gsync capable on HID site. It is even higher priced than the 4k AUO !!! Why so ?

I am repasting my new reviewed config based on suggestions. Please advise.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

6. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The exact same way they do stress tests on your system if you buy it without a CPU ! :)
    They install their own hardware (or operating system), test it, then remove the CPU (or drives if you order it without SSD's) and ship it to you without the CPU installed.

raz8020 and Vasudev like this.
  7. Tyranus07

Tyranus07 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

whatever you do, do not get the B173QTN01.0, IMO is the worst screen ever made. That screen has huge banding issues, bleeding issues, bad colors, it shouldn't be offered by any reseller. Get the FHD/ 3K (no G-Sync) or the 4K. To me the most situable for the P870TM1 hardware is the FHD one. With the 3K one you won't get constant >60 fps on every game plus in a 17 inch screen you won't see any difference while gaming between FHD vs 3K/4K. But you'll enjoy the extra refresh rate of the FHD screen

Falkentyne likes this.
  8. varunreeves

varunreeves Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You mean (with the news trickling in of 1180 mobile gpu) that the new 1180 RTX gpu with a likely 30 - 50 percent performance boost still isn't good enough to push 60fps on a 4k or a 3k ? That is sad if true.

9. Tyranus07

Tyranus07 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No, I mean the current highest setup (2xGTX 1080) won't get constant <60 fps at the highest settings at 3K/4K. Actually not even 2x 1080 Ti would do that. I have not idea about next gen of graphic cards, but rumors are more like a 15-30% jump in performance.

10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If you don't plan to overclock then invest in non K Intel chip. International warranty will be enough to cover your laptop and you don't need Separate US only warranty.
    With Liq. metal you need to be careful whilst transporting it and is best to use foam dams for absolute safety because you know how good the roads in India are!
    Get the RAM sticks of your choice from HID they sell GSkill Ripjaws, Crucial Standard/Ballistix, Corsair Vengeance,HyperX, Samsung OEM DRAM or even Hynix brand(HyperX uses tweaked SK Hynix/Micron DRAM Chips) As for SSDs they sell Samsung SSD ranging 850 EVO and upwards as well. If you use Micron/Crucial Enterprise Drives then you can buy the SSDs elsewhere. Get everything from USA to reduce some expense on SSD/RAMs buying from India. Here its very expensive, HyperX 32GB costs 600-640$ depending on sellers.
    Anyway you can't do 5.1GHz on all cores in India with higher ambient temps above 35C. You will reach 90C(If you used stock paste from clevo, you can cook some Rice and dal makhni at 100-105C) on max load.
    Bringing down to 4.7GHz (for daily usage 24x7) should keep the temps below 80C with LM. If you have air conditioner set to 22C then, you can run anything at 50x or 5GHz easily.
    I feel the machine should last 3 years on rough usage and you will say 6 cores is slow and upgrade to higher core parts from Intel. You can't future-proof because Intel/nvidia/AMD will release new products every year so buying new parts just to future-proof isn't really needed unless your work demands it.