**Official Sager NP9877 / Clevo P870TM-G Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 4**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    For most users the loss in capacity is such a big hit compared to a good SATA based drive.

2. aznxwill

aznxwill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I usually have 1 ssd dedicated to OS only while other things like steam games on another ssd. In this case size isn't really an isue for me. So just wondering if the optane drive performance can be "felt".

For example, I didnt really notice a difference going from sata SSD to nvme. But how about nvme to optane? Wondering about the effects of low QD in random reads...

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Same vs. NVMe drives. The reviews of Optane 800P tell you everything you really need to know.

4. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It's like RAIDing' NVME drives.
    You won't see a difference just loading the OS unless you have a stopwatch. You won't feel any difference.
    But for large file operations, you will.

Basically, for SSD's, you want to balance Size, Reliability and Speed, depending on your actual needs.
    Size is obviously the most important factor. Then you have to balance reliability and life expectancy, with how fast your drives will be. E.g. MLC vs TLC + generation.
    Buying a very big last gen evo drive may be a better purchase than buying a current gen and smaller pro drive (relating to samsung here of course). But if you can afford it, if a big last gen Pro drive is substantially cheaper than a current gen big pro drive, then purchase wisely. It's all a balancing contest combined with shopping for bargains or items on sale. And being very, very careful about ebay.

5. aznxwill

aznxwill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Makes sense. I just recently purchased a 1TB 970 Pro for $500 which seems to be decent compared to 960 1TB PRO prices. Also the better endurance is a plus for me as a software developer - a lot of compiling and things like that. Read the 800p reviews and decided to stick with Samsung NVMEs for now :)

6. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @aznxwill
    Thanks man
    I was planning to buy "Laptop Trolley, fits 15-Inch to 18.4-Inch (EKB420)" but after comparison I consider buying "Checkpoint Friendly Laptop Backpack, fits up to 18.4" (EKP120)" @ 185$ including shipping & import fee.

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It depends how you want to handle the machines, as a trolly or a backpack.

8. FastMover

FastMover Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Question, With an SLI setup, shouldn't I see the clock speed of the GPU at like 800 when idle?

Currently, the GPUS idle at 1555Mghz and at about 52c.

9. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    we waiting patiently for 905p m.2 to come, hope that it'll work within spec of m.2 and uses 3.3v. that way it is a x4 lane optane SSD that would likely fit in our laptop with a simple chassis mod or with an extension add-on. 380GB not bad at all.

10. kfxsti

kfxsti Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If max performance is set to on in the Nvidia control panel that's what you will see.

Anyone happen to know or have a for sure picture of the correct size thermal pads for the 1080sli heatsink and the CPU heatsink ??