**Official Sager NP9877 / Clevo P870TM-G Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 4**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I wish it was that simple. I need a few more money and to finally decide who to order from.

Been 10 days and no answer from Clevo Center , there is no holiday in Europe (no CNY for them), so I'm back at selecting a company to work with eventually.

2. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    do u plan on overclocking overcloking, or simple overclocking. and what OS?

3. Georgel

Reputations:
    @Prema BIOS is an absolute necessity. In fact, without his BIOS, those laptops aren't worth looking at in my honest opinion. The stock BIOS is so bad that they're erraticaly unstable.

As for OC, I really want to reach that 4.5 - 5 GHz on the CPU if I'm upgrading... The current 4.0 GHz is a bit disappointing

4. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    4ghz is pretty low, thats like 2012-2013 lol. go for HID evolution barebone + CPU and just use your current dGPU to reduce cost would that work? any decent CPU can do 4.5ghz, the temp in 870tm is very good as long as its delided.

whats your current laptop?

Georgel likes this.
  5. Georgel

Reputations:
    6700K + GTX 1080 P775DM3-G, can only reach 4.0 GHz, it throttles any higher and the original seller tightened the screws too much so I can't delid or repaste myself...

I am considering a PC build with RVZ01-E as the core case, it is duble the thickness of my P775DM3-G, and everything else the same, but then I'd be able to get 8700K + 1080 TI for about 70% the price of a P870TM1, but I don't know how portable it is, or if it meets my needs that well

@Meaker@Sager @Donald@HIDevolution I'm curious, some reviews stated that P870TM1 doesn't come with the excellent sound that P775DM3-G had. I am an audiophile reviewer of one of the largest sites there are and I am still amazed by the sound of P775DM3-G, is it true that the P870 doesn't come with the same soundcard solution, and that on P870 it is worse?

ole!!! likes this.
  6. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    going desktop build, it'll lack battery and portability carry extra monitor, but u'd get iGP to work. kinda strange clevo would use less quality audio system in the higher end machine.

Georgel likes this.
  7. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    The Audio specs are identical. The cases are different, and therefore the speaker location is also different. However I have not heard that the EVOC High Performance Systems P775DN3-G has better sound than the EVOC High Performance Systems P870TM1, nor do I understand how the reviewers could make that distinction unless they had both laptops in hand at the same time.

Ogg, Georgel and Papusan like this.
  8. kfxsti

kfxsti Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone know the correct ram slot numbers right off?

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    3 and 4 under the keyboard

kfxsti and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  10. kfxsti

kfxsti Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks Papusan!!

Papusan likes this.