**Official Sager NP9877 / Clevo P870TM-G Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 4**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Leon321

Leon321 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    compare to P775TM1 how easy is it to upgrade the ssd and m.2 ?

2. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    not sure, shouldnt be too hard i think both SSDs are accessible with just bottom panel opened.

3. BeastsForever.TheDragon

BeastsForever.TheDragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    M.2 are located just similiarly under the KB!!

4. Dc_79

Dc_79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes mine came from PCS

5. Dc_79

Dc_79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry double post

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  6. Rayleyne

Rayleyne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox turns out the issue was using a NON FCU iso install and using FCU+ drivers, Herpderp, So for my first 120hz display and for an expensive rig, My only issue is i don't really know how to install the 2.5inch drives because no matter what i do it looks like they come in contact with the gpu's and that scares the **** out of me, Also the keyboard is a tad noisy but by god is this thing buttery smooth to, 120hz... where have you been all my life.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Awesome. Glad you got the issue sorted. The drives should not actually touch the GPUs. There is a black plastic shield under the GPUs (or should be) and a bracket to support the GPUs that runs between the GPUs and drives. When you are sliding them in the fit is kind of tight, but once they are plugged into the SATA ports there should be an air space.

8. Mr Fly

Mr Fly Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello People. This is my first Clevo (and my first post) so I thought I would give an update. So far everything seems fine, I have had it for about 4 weeks now, there was not much option of where to purchase here in Australia so I bought it direct from the Metabox who seem to be the official Re-brander of Clevo in Australia. So far I have had the bottom case off about 5 times adding and swapping SATA storage drives before I settled on 2 x 2TB Segate Baracudas. I was hoping for a 3TB 9.5mm drive but it is not to be. The bottom case is a bit awkward to remove the first time you do it ( I had to watch a video of someone pulling apart a P870KM before I had the courage to pull as hard as I needed to) but it is easy enough on subsequent removals. The HDDs were a tiny bit awkward to get in as they are under the GPU. If you had an SLI this would be a touch harder. I found it best to stand the lappy on the back edge with a slight 5 degree upside down tilt and slowly lower the drives in via the little plastic tab on the HDD bracket so that I could get gravity to line up the drives to the sockets.
    I am unable to make use of my 3000Mhz RAM yet as the crappy Clevo BIOS does not support RAM overclocking. The supplier tells me that there will be an updated BIOS at some stage that they will send me/install for me so I asked if it was the PREMA bios and he didn't know what I was talking about so I take that as a no. From what I have read the Prema bios seems to be a must have but from what I understand from reading forums only 1 or 2 US supplies have exclusive access to Premas work and they are not willing to share. Can someone confirm that for me? If this is wrong can someone tell me how I can go about Buying/Downloading or generally getting hold of Premas Bios. I want to increase the default fan speeds, Lower the battery max charge, OC the Ram, OC the CPU, Undervolt a little and poke around to see what other options I have. Before anyone asks, yes, Metabox do put proper Heat conductive paste between the IHS and the CPU or so they tell me so hopefully with some increased fan speeds and undervolting I can overclock a bit and still have acceptable temps.
    The only other thing I want for this lappy besides the Bios is a Slidenjoy twin 17" setup but I am still not convinced they will ever start manufacturing they have a lot of angry pre order customers demanding refunds and calling them a scam. I have contacted them several times over the past 2 months to ask about manufacturing dates and refund policies if I were to Pre Order and they take another 2 years before they actually deliver. Every answer I got from them avoided the questions and did not provide an answer to my direct questions and they just seem very very untrustworthy. Hopefully they sort their problems out because it would be a wonderfull addition to the Lappy.

9. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Metabox is a Prema Partner Shop and if you bought your system from them you can request a remote flash with the Mod once their internal evaluation is complete.

bennyg, ole!!!, steberg and 6 others like this.
  10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    6 core Sager NP9877 (Clevo P870TM) Review - How Hot does it get ?

raz8020, Papusan, ole!!! and 4 others like this.