**Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge!**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Al_Jourgensen

Al_Jourgensen Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ***** now i can´t remove it properly, stays a strain in the copper coller.......how can i clean this? i google it but it´s hard to find something.....with alcohol doesn´t work.......

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Just clean it as good you can. Won't make the big difference for the cooling. You can if you want sand it carefully with 2000/3000 grit sandpaper. The best working cleaner... http://www.performance-pcs.com/indigo-xtreme-clean.html

Mr. Fox and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  3. Al_Jourgensen

Reputations:
    Jesus Christ......if i knew this i wouldn´t put it in the first place........look to the Thermal Grizzly email reply "acetone should help to clean most of the liquid metal. If you want to RMA a CPU and can't read searial number or batch anymore it can help to use a 10% solution of hydrochloric acid and swipe your CPU several times. Be careful though doing that and wear the approriate safety gear such as goggles and gloves." .... I´m not a chemist....isn´t there any other way of taking this out without scratching the surface? i saw this vídeo could this help? is this compound similar to the one used to take out scratches from cars?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  4. Z3us_PL

Z3us_PL Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Unfortunately it does not work. I have made such settings. Maybe my bios is broken (Version: 1.05.04TDES, KBC.EC: 1.05.03, ME 11.8.50.3399)
    Maybe I need to upload older bios?

When I highlight "power limit 1", description appears on right side and it says that "Value must be between Max and Min Power Limits". It does not make sense to me

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  5. Al_Jourgensen

Reputations:
    Ok.......finally i have a solution......i used the polish method, i can tell you that the copper looks like a mirror now, after a couple of hours i clean it all, give me a lot of work........now let´s go for the CPU.........i only made a last clean with isopropyl alcohol just to be sure that even the polish that i used is cleaned also on the copper cooler..........but i can assure you that the "polish" method works.....

raz8020 and Papusan like this.
  6. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:

Yeah, stock BIOS has a hardcoded limiter which seems to be in 95W region for your CPU model while it is 118W for its bigger brother. OCCT put's an unusual high load on the CPU, so it hits it early on. In RL usage you should be able to maintain higher clocks...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  7. ThePerfectStorm

ThePerfectStorm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Could someone please tell me the max CPU, GPU, and CPU+GPU temps after undervolting a delidded 8700K + a GTX 1080 at max load? @Papusan @Donald@HIDevolution

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It varies from sample to sample down to exact fit of the cooler and the chip along with the calibration of the internal sensors.

9. ThePerfectStorm

ThePerfectStorm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I know, but I'm looking for a rough figure I can use as a benchmark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    A perfect application and delid should lower temps by around 20C on the CPU.

ThePerfectStorm likes this.