*** Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    At the same time it is consistently lower, you would have to do testing to be 100% sure. Interesting at around 60FPS is when the CPU seems to be the limit.

2. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It appears so. HOWEVER. Firstly, they tested with a 9900K, what kind of CPU would this game need to let the rtx 2080 fly? Secondly: "The Core i5-9600K and Core i9-9900K basically deliver a similar level of performance. There's a bit more stuttering when you first load into a flight with the 6-core/6-thread chip, but nothing major. The same goes for the Ryzen 9 3900X and Ryzen 5 3600." This means that the problem is rather bad optimization than a pure CPU bottleneck.

3. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The game is DX11 and not very well threaded. It needs a CPU with high clockspeed rather than one with more cores.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It would be interesting to see what a really tuned chip gets to confirm that.

5. cq842000

cq842000 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just got the liquid cooling block that I ordered from Aliexpress (made for these laptops). Everything is up and running and it works amazingly well. The best part is that it's a hybrid type heatsink, as in it can do air and/or water cooling. About the only upgrade left would be the 780 watt PSU. Anybody got any benchmark requests?

Ambient Temperature=74F @ 64% Humidity
    Benchmark used: Unigine Heaven (2x warm-up run+ 1x benchmark run)
    DX11/Ultra Quality/Extreme Tessellation/AA Off/3840x2160

Idle CPU Temp on Air===32c/89F
    Idle CPU Temp on Water=25c/77F
    Idle GPU Temp on Air===34c/93F
    Idle GPU Temp on Water=27c/80F
    ----------------------------
    Maximum CPU Temp on Air===74c/165F
    Maximum CPU Temp on Water=49c/120F
    Maximum GPU Temp on Air===78c/172F
    Maximum GPU Temp on Water=52c/125F

CPU Temp difference=7c-25c
    GPU Temp Difference=7c-26c

AirCooling.png H2oCooling.png

electrosoft likes this.
  6. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Pictures of the installed heatsink?

7. jmorvay

jmorvay Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I didn't know where to turn, for an issue I am having, so I thought I would come back here for some assistance. I just recently did a reset of Windows on my system, and everything went fine for reinstalling Windows and the required drivers, except for audio. No matter what I did, I cannot get rid of this issue where, anytime I either adjust the volume (through the systray icon) or if I open Youtube or any website that needs audio, I get a loud "pop" sound. As long as I stick around that site, I won't hear it again, but if I go somewhere else online or again, if I run an app that requires audio, I'll get that pop. It's highly annoying (just as annoying as installing the driver, rebooting and the audio gets set to 100).

So far, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the realtek audio driver, which has not fixed the problem (I was able to figure out the infinite uninstall/reinstall loop from the realtek installer, which I had hoped would resolve my popping problem). I went into the power settings for the system, to make sure there isn't any power setting that affects the audio as well...basically, I'm at wits end right now, trying to fix this problem and I don't know what else it could be. The Realtek driver I am using is the one posted on Sager's website ( https://www.sagernotebook.com/drivers.php?cat=710 ), which has worked before, just fine. I honestly don't know if I'm still doing something wrong, or if perhaps windows is still interfering and installing a generic driver overtop of the one I installed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

8. crawler9

crawler9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was able to solve this by disabling Power Management in the Realtek Audio Console app that was installed by Windows after installing the driver.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

9. cq842000

cq842000 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Next time I service the fans (evict the dust tenants), I'll take pics. Until then https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000174372901.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.58a14c4dZXlsTp is the one I got, the P775TM-1 option is the one I chose, but they support other options as well. You will have to create a slot in your plastic beneath the HDMI port for the inlet/outlet, but thats easy, and the bottom of the case still fits over the block/heatsink. Here are a few outside pics though.
    PC1.jpeg PC2.jpeg PC3.jpeg

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Nice catch.