*** Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's actually easier to run all the cores at the same speed as you get faster due to voltage stability.

2. nodymoha

nodymoha Newbie

Reputations:
    Do anyone know how to turnoff SPDIF or Optical output through the 3.5 headphone jack?

I mainly used that port for my Astro A50 (which requires SPDIF).
    Now I want to use a normal headphone.
    My laptop can't detect cables if it plugged in or not. It stuck always on SPDIF.

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It's a mechanical thing, it should switch over, if it does not then there is something up physically most likely.

4. Kurt Ronshausen

Kurt Ronshausen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As Meaker said, the headphone output should switch over automatically. If you're using linux it won't switch without a kernel patch, but that can get annoying.

5. Kurt Ronshausen

Reputations:
    Has anyone had success with driving two monitors via a thunderbolt dock? Most of the new ones that have two outputs seem to expect two displayport lanes, while some, such as the dell tb16, have an MST hub. If I plug two monitors into one of the former, only the first monitor will work. I can get two to work via the MST hub, but it means I'm stuck using a tb16. I guess I could buy a separate mst hub and plug it into one of the displayport outputs on the hub, but that seems kinda gross.

I do have the dp to tbt setting in the bios enabled.

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Only one stream is passed to the TB3 port to free up the other port.

7. Kurt Ronshausen

Reputations:
    Ok, that's what I was thinking. Just curious -- is that a hardware limitation or something that's hidden away in the bios? Could be a neat thing to change in a prema bios.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    They are split so you can have the two hunderbolt outputs as well as the two displayport outputs with the signals independent.

9. hissy

hissy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello, and another weird tech problem here. I'm lucky.
    So, a P775-Tm1 with I5-9600k@4.7 ghz and Prema bios. Was using bios settings at first, then they started derping and i downloaded ThrottleStop to control things from OS. Alongside, CCC is installed for fan and backlight control.

Recently system started to do even stranger things with CPU management.
    It can suddenly lock frequency at 3.8 ghz and/or TDP limit at 40w for no reason, on boot or during uptime, while bios and any monitoring software still displays the values that were set, and does not report any limit reasons. Under load it just hits these numbers like a wall and doesn't go higher.
    The only way to (temporarily) fix this is to install Intel XTU.
    Sometimes it fixes itself immediately after installation, sometimes i need to actually launch the app.
    In there, it will show "at boot" CPU multipliers as 120x, and all other values as normal. Under stress, CPU will hit these weird limits, but not report any limit reasons still.
    To fix the problem,I need to change the cpu miltipliers mode from "package" to "per core". Utility will recognise that as a change that needs saving (normally - not) and after saving CPU will work more or less as intended.
    Instead it can hit another phantom limit at ~85w and fix for this i haven't found yet.

Does anyone have any ideas for where to dig?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Check your VRMs are all seating to the heatsink ok.

Papusan and Donald@HIDevolution like this.