*** Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. jc_denton

jc_denton V̖̟en̰g̻̼̰̩͙ea̲n̪c̭e̼ ͍̘̤͓̟̤Is̙͔ ̤Mi̻̭̣͎͍ͅn̰ḙ

Reputations:
    Does GPU-Z work for taking a backup of 10xx vbios or do you need a programmer?

2. Z3us_PL

Z3us_PL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You need to try and see if it works, I had problem once with one card (maybe with1070? I dont remember) and GPU-Z didn't wanted to backp it.

jc_denton likes this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    BGA on motherboard tend to fail with extraction but the mxm cards usually work. I think nvflash might be able to back it up too.

4. jc_denton

Reputations:
    I'll give that a shot once I have the system running again.

5. CM_11

CM_11 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I should have been more specific. Is this on all stock settings, or any overclocking going on? Liquid metal treatment or standard high quality paste?

I've been using the Obsidian Tools Control Station to tweak the CPU, but it seems that nearly any adjustments even with undervolting cause the CPU to hit 90c and up, and the fans are screaming when utilizing all cores.

I haven't given it a close look again in regards to the contact of the cooler and the status of the LM/paste. Maybe there's a BIOS setting I've missed, although the Control Station tool interacts at the BIOS level.

Gotta find a way to prop this thing up with my leftover Noctua cooler from the system I sold to get this laptop....

6. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have 1” rubber feet on mine, lapped heatsink, K5 Pro on everything, delidded cpu, rockitcool copper IHS, liquid metal on everything. Not a drop of thermal gel.

Running my CPU stock with auto fan with just a undervolt runs in the mid to high 50’s in R15. So this is 4.3Ghz with a -215 undervolt.

R15 at 5.1Ghz will hit 82-88C under back to back loads.

What game are you playing and I could give you a better comparison. My CPU runs extremely cool in games. The only game where my cpu can potentially get hotter is BFV which uses AVX and very heavy utilization 5Ghz all core runs around 85-90C.

^ But if I ran simply 4.7Ghz with -215 undervolt it would drop temperatures by 20C.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  7. jc_denton

Reputations:
    How much of a performance hit does BFV take when you compare 4.7/5.0Ghz?

8. CM_11

CM_11 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply. I don't do much gaming at all on this actually, mostly Lightroom and Photoshop and a few other semi heavy duty encoding things here and there. I got mine from HIDevolution and also delidded with Conductonaut liquid metal.

Did you lap the heatsink yourself? And I didn't think to grab another rockitcool copper IHS, which I had with my 9900K desktop that I sold off for this P775TM1. It's my first "desktop parts in a mobile unit" config.

I am not running stock settings as you are. With the Obsidian Tools control station I like to be at 5.1 for single core, and then stepping down per core basically. I try to keep 4.6 all core, and yeah, that creates some heat. The undervolt ranges between -85 to -105. I haven't played with that a whole lot since I've just been tolerating the fan noise.

I need to look through the BIOS more and double check a few things. I recall on my desktop unit I had to compensate with the AVX offset, and that chip was also binned by Silicon Lottery so I had a good starting point. I don't even know what the hell does or doesn't use AVX nowadays.

Also when I am at home I take off the bottom part of the enclosure and prop it up on a metal mesh laptop stand.

Thanks for the tips and info, I'll give it some thought about what to tweak.

9. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I cannot feel the difference. But I can certainly see the difference in my OSD max FPS. it helps that GPU utilization stay up some. Maybe like 7 fps more.

10. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh stock settings is just an example for temps. I run 5.1 on all (6) cores