*** Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    [QUOTE = "thecodelifter, post: 10967488, member: 725498"] I ran the Cinebench R15 30 times in a row, ran the Time Spy test and the Fire Strike test twice, and played COD: MW, which is the voltage I got from HWMonitor.

The smallest minimum VID value was 0.510 V, and the highest maximum VID value was 1.379 V, I hope this helps [/ QUOTE]
    Thanks for test. my voltage with -50 undervolts in HWinfo - hotest core have 1.41v

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The best way to compare is to look at graphs under similar loads.

3. Briareos-H

Briareos-H Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I've got a pair of 8GB RAM modules from my old NP9870-S that got killed by some rough handling a few months back. The display got trashed and the case was broken but it still worked fine when hooked up to an external monitor. The order for that one said the RAM was "Kingston HyperX CL14 Dual Channel DDR4 SDRAM at 2400MHz". My current NP9176-G3 order breakdown says it's got "Dual Channel DDR4 SDRAM at 2400MHz".

Is there any reason why I can't salvage the RAM out of the old laptop and put them in the new one to bump me up to 32GB of RAM? AFAIK, the only thing I need to do is match speeds, but I've never tried this before.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Should work fine, the timings will default to the slowest set.

5. Briareos-H

Briareos-H Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Cool, thanks. Next question: Where's the empty RAM slots on this unit and how do I get to them? I want to do the minimum possible teardown so I don't want to go on a scavenger hunt for them, heh.

6. jc_denton

jc_denton Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Indeed, cleanliness is next to godliness!

Just gave mine a once over after installing the custom ihs. I was surprised at how much gunk had amounted behind the CPU fan and on the tips of the blades, only after a couple months.

Papusan likes this.
  7. 1GreyGhost1

1GreyGhost1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've tried undervolting this 1080 and it acts really weird as if it doesnt stay on the setting. evenyually creeps back up to 90c-90c+ I believe I'm on or around 70-80watts with undervolt on cpu as well. The cpu seems manageable. 4.5 all six cores at around 70c its this 1080. also with msi curve I can undervolt like 0.825 with below 90c sometimes but then very low clocks as it doesnt like overclocking after the undervolt like my old 1070 did. my 4th gen gt72 is undervolted OC 0.993 200 on core 500 mem at like 67c and thats with cpu maxed out usage at 3.4 all 4 cores at 70c with a 100.6 undervolt. maybe I just have a bad card or I need re-pasting

8. 1GreyGhost1

1GreyGhost1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    oh and dx11 and future rendering on

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Under the keyboard if the main hatch ones are not populated. Screws are marked on the bottom and then its help down by strong magnets and clips.

10. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Hi!
    I have an interesting issue with my P775Tm1-G.
    I have latest version of BIOS, Win10 and NVidia driver installed and I have an interesting problem.
    If I cold boot the laptop everything is working fine, however if I restart Windows after it boots up G-Sync does not work correctly. Some games run fine, however many start to stutter and Fire Strike graphics score drops from 24000 to 14000 points. Only way to fix this is to avoid rebooting but even if I accidentally reboot windows, I need to shut it down and start up the machine again and when I do that everything works fine again.

Anyone experienced something like this?
    Is this a driver, windows or bios issue ?
    Why does it work fine if I start it up and what breaks if I reboot it instead of shutting down ?