*** Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    There are a lot of factors that can cause coil whine like humidity, temperatures, load etc. Unless it's really obnoxious I would not worry about it.

2. thecodelifter

thecodelifter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah I think your right, I am just being overly picky as my first unit I had some bad luck and this unit had a dead pixel.

3. thecodelifter

Reputations:
    It isnt that obnoxious at all you can't really hear it when the fan is spinning over 50% while gaming and it is also is only when I am pushing above 150FPS

But I am happy to take a small amount of coil whine to get 13% increase in preformance on the GPU and I have not overclocked it haha

I am new to this I have always had MacBooks but I read somewhere you can undervolt the GPU and it sometimes can make the coil whine qieter or remove it?

4. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

my P775Tm with 9900kf crash, hard shutdown if i undervolt more than 50... my power limit PL0 - 65w PL1 - 95w. in HWinfo Cpu Vcc - 1,41 volt maximum (it is with 50 offset). i benchmark linpack, in this settings more stable, if i downvolt -100, crash after 5 min - BSOD ... Failury Power status... and HWinfo fixed hardwsre errors- CL0 Errors.
    please, say what your power limit in bios, voltage with max load, temps with max load and revision your CPU. i have P0 revision.
    maybe bad version cpu i buy new :(

5. thecodelifter

Reputations:
    I am sorry to hear but some processors can be underclocked more then others. It is just if your lucky I guess. My undervolt is adaptive is yours?

My power limits are:
    Power Limit 1: 120W
    Power Limit Time: 28 seconds
    Power Limit 2: 165W

6. kela777slk

Reputations:
    It is my default setting was. But cpu is throttle fast - 5 sec temp 95C and thermal throttling.
    Adaptive undervolt - 50mv. If 100mv - system crashing, BSOD, Hardly turn off.
    Can you make test in Cinebench R20? And monitoring Temp while going benchmark?

7. RedMarl

RedMarl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, does anyone know what thermal pad size for the 1070(TM1 version)? Thanks.

8. thecodelifter

Reputations:
    Ops
    I did Cinebench R15 and I got 1947 as the score after I kept running it multiple times.

The temperature did get fairly hot it stayed around 88c to 92c on the cores but I did not get that much thermal throttling. All core clock speed was 4.7GHz.

9. kela777slk

Reputations:
    its great points!
    i have with default settings (power limit and voltage offset 50) only 1800 points and always overheating (more than 99C), frequency drop to 3,6 ghz, then temp are 80C
    What bios do you have - Prema, or unlocked manufactory or locked stock?

What Stepping show CPU-Z program? P0 or R0

10. thecodelifter

Reputations:
    I don’t have my P775 on me at the moment I just left the house, but when I get home I will check the stepping for you CPU-Z

I have Prema BIOS with CPU at stock settings with -120 under volt. That sounds super hot to me especially throttling at 3.6ghz. What thermal paste and thermal pads did you use?