*** Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I noticed some strange behavior from my 1080gtx.

When I'm playing Witcher3 I set my 1080gtx to a conservative curve undervolt of 1835mhz @ 950v and my cpu to a very conservative 3.7ghz all core (-125 undervolt). RTSS capped fps at 60. This allows me to play W3 with ultra settings (also hairworks & HBAO+) at a constant 60fps while my gpu temps remains under 70°C (!).

Yesterday I was playing for over 2 hours, when suddenly gpu temperatures began to climb from 70°C to 90°C in a minute or two. The game hang and crashed. Temperatures dropped back to normal. Investigating gpu behavior I saw no voltage, use, or power spikes that could explain the sudden rise in temperature. Fans were close to max speed and didn't decrease. Restarting W3 showed normal behavior.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Sre the passmark for boards that delimit power out of the box though? Compare with gamers nexus numbers.

3. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The contact between the IHS and the heatsink is good. I think it's probably a bad liquid metal application, how even HIDevolution resealed the IHS and i do not have a Delid tool.

I'm not running a override voltage. I'm using -90mv offset. The 1.2V is just what is read under full load.

Yea, future frame rendering is on because if it's off in DX11 I lose about 50 fps. The thing is I am using adaptive with -90mv offset. Any lower and its not stable.

4. jc_denton

jc_denton P870TM1-SKYLINE

Reputations:
    Have you tried pushing the undervolt offset further? -90mV at 4.4Ghz seems very modest.

Papusan likes this.
  5. m4gg0t

Reputations:
    I've tried -100mv doesn't get past windows load.

6. jc_denton

Reputations:
    So, heatsink contact with IHS is good and the paste spread is alright. Then I suspect the liquid metal application between IHS and die, especially since you mentioned it was resealed. Even a thin layer of glue does slightly add to the overall height of the IHS, which in turn results in a larger gap between the die.

Is your 8700k a binned chip or?

7. m4gg0t

Reputations:
    Not it was not a binned CPU. Even then most 8700K should do 4.7GHz at reasonable temps. According to HIDevolution, during their test at 4.8GHz max temps they got were 90C with -85mv. That's not what I'm seeing though, so I don't know.

8. jc_denton

Reputations:
    I'd reach out and explain your issue, the HIDevolution team is great and I'm sure they can help you out.

Papusan likes this.
  9. thecodelifter

thecodelifter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone, I hope you all are well.

I am just after some advice. I just recently purchased a P775TMG with the following specs

- 9900KF (-120 under volt)
    - RTX 2080
    - 32GB 2666MHz in dual channel
    - 970 1TB Samsung Evo Plus M.2 PCie
    - 4k 60hz G-Sync 100% Adobe RGB
    - Prema BIOS

My first unit had a faulty MB(USB C and Thunderbolt was not working at all) and so they completly rebuilt me a whole new system so I still use the current one until my new one came. Then on my new one there was a dead pixel which I understand these things happen so I got that replaced.

Now after a week and half with my new unit I am really happy with it. I love this thing. I can lug it around to work and also use it for gaming.

But I just realised and I swear it wasn't there when I first got it but I can hear tiny bit of coil whine from the GPU just before the fans spin up when I am pushing above 150+ FPS.

This machine is preforming about 13% better on the GPU then my previous unit as it was only the thunderbolt and USB C that was not working. I really don't want to RMA it again but I was wondering if anyone elses RTX 2080 or RTX card has a bit of coil whine?

Thank you for your advice in advance.

10. m4gg0t

Reputations:
    Coil whine is normal. I wouldn't worry to much about it.