*** Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. 1GreyGhost1

1GreyGhost1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can anyone share their settings and numbers on temps clocks and so on? This 1080 acts very differently than my old 1070. I know every card and chip can be different but there should be some sort of normal consistency. seems no matter what I do its hot!!!! As for the CPU looks like 4,5 on all 6 cores is the max under 80c. thats with a 100.6 undervolt. Any help would be appreciated.

2. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Are you using DX11 or DX12, and is Future Frame Rendering on or off? What is the CPU package power while playing BFV?

You can also undervolt the GTX 1080 using MSI Afterburner voltage/frequency curve editor. It helps a lot with the temps.

1GreyGhost1 likes this.
  3. jc_denton

jc_denton V̖̟en̰g̻̼̰̩͙ea̲n̪c̭e̼ ͍̘̤͓̟̤Is̙͔ ̤Mi̻̭̣͎͍ͅn̰ḙ

Reputations:
    Have you checked your Conductonaut application recently? Besides of diffusing into copper over time, LM can turn into something of a paste if exposed to air over time due to poor heatsink contact.

bennyg, Falkentyne and Papusan like this.
  4. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hi. i have just buy 9900kf for my p775tm1. i update bios and install. but performance test is low, - pc mark 17500 points, my previous 8700 non k have 15800 score. always throttling 9900kf...
    what is settings in bios or XTU for stable high performance without throttling. i have single CPU and Single GPU heatsink, cpu is fast overheating. my previos p770dm with dual heatsink better cooling 9900kf. this is problem in heatsink? for better cooling need replace single on dual heatsink?

5. jc_denton

Reputations:
    That differs from silicon to silicon. However, you should be able to hold 4.7Ghz all core with a decent undervolt.

Try setting Power Limit 1 and 2 to "250000"
    Set all cores to "47"
    Uncore/Cache to "44"
    Core Voltage Mode "Adaptive"
    Core Voltage Offset "150"
    Offset prefix "-"

Test temps and stability and adjust voltage offset accordingly, ie. if it's stable increase voltage offset to -160mV and test again. Repeat until you find the limit where stability is compromised or benchmark scores begin to tank and keep the undervolt at least -10mV under the limit.

Hwinfo64 is a great tool to see if any Performance Limit flags are raised and if any WHEA/L0 errors occur.

Falkentyne likes this.
  6. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm using DX11, recently DX12 has been causing stutters and It feels a lot more laggy to me. CPU package power is around 98 to 120W depending.

Only the die and the IHS has Conductonaut. From the IHS to heatsink its Kryonaut.

7. jc_denton

Reputations:
    My first instinct would be to check the application, see how the contact between IHS and heatsink is. Take a picture right after removing the heatsink to show how the paste is spread. If it's a good fit, you will notice a suction effect holding the heatsink in place when trying to remove it. Afterwards check the liquid metal application between die and IHS to make sure it's still fine.

Secondly, why are you running an override voltage of 1.2v for 4.4Ghz? Adaptive voltage with an undervolt works great for under 5.1Ghz and would net overall lower idle temps.

Papusan likes this.
  8. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Future Frame Rendering is on I assume?

Your temps don’t seem that weird given the heat output of the CPU. I agree with jc_denton that you can probably use a lower override voltage for 4.4GHz, or better yet use adaptive mode with an offset.

Papusan likes this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Seems like normal for stock under the power limit actually in place. They don't hold 5Ghz all core turbo forever out of the box.

10. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thanks. who have tested 775tm with 9900k/kf in benchmarks (stability prime95 aida64 for cpu load...)? what about single or dual heatsink? which is better? how much better?
    Passmark benchmark site show 20438 points for stock 9900kf. my test show 17500. its very low as for me, and CPU is overheating but not throttling during test.