*** Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Oct 6, 2017.

1. jc_denton

jc_denton Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I remember after uninstalling XTU it still left a running service, which makes no sense.

Rahego likes this.
  2. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    Yeah true that. I disabled that service using "autoruns" utility. Very handy utility for any windows system.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. jc_denton

jc_denton Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's a handy little tool.

4. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    Ok I found the issue about throttling. CPU hit power limit and immediately down clock. If I set PL1 to 65W its downclock to 25x-28x and if I set PL1 to 120W its downclock to 34x-36x

According to hwinfo max wattage CPU used during BF5 is 76W so I'm well below the 120W limit i set in the bios.btw CPU 8core boost fixed to 42x with -100v under volt.

I'm thinking about either set PL1 to ridiculously high 190W
    . because due to multipliers is set to 42x, it's never going to reach that limit. Or increase VR current limit from default 600 to 700.

When I set pL1 to 120w and fire up cinebench 20 multi thread benchmark (loop), CPU maintain 42x multiplier as set by bios and consume 82W. No downclock issue.

@Meaker@Sager any advice much appreciated?

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Tested Aida64 stress test (only check the stress FPU box) for Cpu and Heaven for Gpu and run it simultaneous? As wll check max power consumption from the wall with a kill-a-watt and see when it cut the power.

6. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    I'll do that tonight. Btw do you think my power supply playin up?

Anyway this throttling issue not always happening, when I play BF5 system maintain 42x even when I set PL1 65W. Then sometimes it simply drops to 25x when instant the application and need a restart to get it back.

7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Delta 330w psu should be good for 400w from the wall. A cheap kill-a-watt to measure power consumption from the wall is a good idea. Not sure if you have @Prema mod firmware. I expect standard Clevo firmware have a power cap on max power consumption.

Run mentioned tests over a longer period. Follow max Cpu temp because it will run hot.

8. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    Ok will do tonight. I have a Delta adapter if I'm not mistaken.

My temps when I run BF5 1hr multiplayer (when cpu not throttling and maintaining 42x) is CPU 83(max) GPU 74C (Ambient 22C and max fan).

9. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    Ok I definitely think this is EC/BIOS bug. So I hooked it to a Kill A Watt meter and decide to take some power measurements.

First I set PL1 120W/PL2 150W/ VR current 600

8 core boost set to 42x

Booted to BF5 and initially watt meter displayed 290W then after few seconds it dropped to 260W. Played 2x mp maps and checked hwinfo. As expected power limit exceeded and throttled to 35x

Then I set PL1 190W/ PL2 disabled(so it's in cpu default mode)/ VR current 600

8 core boost set to 42x

Booted to BF5 and watt meter displayed 290W and played 2 maps. No drop in wattage. Then checked hwinfo and surprise... no throttle!!! So then I shut down system and did the same again. Same results. No throttle. Repeated again same result.

10. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    @Papusan

I did AIDA64 FPU Stess test(8 core multiplier 42x) along with Heaven benchmark(1080p res extreme setting)

Total run time 16min. Temp slowly increased to CPU 93C and GPU 74C. I stopped the test when CPU hit the 93C.

No CPU/GPU throttling and cpu maintained 42x all core multiplier. CPU consumed around 93W during test. No power limit exceeded massage on Hwinfo.

Maximum power consumption from wall plug is 314W according meter.