*** Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Generally the prema bios is used by advanced users going beyond the stock firmware.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. jc_denton

jc_denton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What temps should a cinebench r15 pull produce on 5ghz at room temps?

I noticed that my copper ihs doesn't have a perfect fit with the heatsink (light test bleed). That got me wondering whether a delided unsealed 8086k with LM might be suspect to worse thermal performance.

I saw the video mrfox soldering a copper shim to improve contact.

Anyone got advice/experience?

3. Phönixfire

Phönixfire Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So i'm now also an owner of the P775TM1-G and i got it from Kiebel in germany. I noticed that i'm getting power limited on my RTX 2080@150W (vbios version is 90.04.3b.00.7a) with a lot of headroom temperature-wise. Is there a way to flash a higher wattage vbios (like 180W) and can i flash any bios (cross vendor - my version is 1.07.20 for now) posted here? Or is there a way to undervolt the gpu? MSI Afterburner is only showing me the possibility to increase vcore...

I hope you awesome guys can help me on those two topics, kind regards.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Are you using the curve in afterburner rather than offsets and looking at Mr. Fox's guide?

5. AdamSupra

AdamSupra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Curious if anyone knows how easy it is to install m.2 NVME drives on the newer P775TM-R? I am looking at getting one through either HID or LPC but the cost of buying the drives from them are just ridiculous compared to just buying them separately and installing them if easy enough to just remove the back panel and not have to deal with anything else internally. Would save almost 30-40% in cost which would be a big deal to me since my current build wishlist is between $3-4k.

Also, is the 4k screen IPS level or what is the sRGB rating? Can't seem to find that info listed and need the most accurate screen even if I stay with the 1080 for photo/video editing.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  6. clevo-extreme

clevo-extreme Company Representative

Reputations:
    Is very easy. Screen is the same as before 100% srgb Adobe. I'm talking about P775TM1-G from our offer.

Fastest Customizable Gaming Notebooks & Mobile Workstations | CLEVO System Integrator

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Remove the bottom cover screws, unclip the bottom cover, unscrew the m.2 retaining screw, place the drive in the slot at a 45 degree angle and then push down so the notch aligns with the post. Put the screw in, not much pressure needed to hold it in place. Reassemble the bottom cover.

AdamSupra likes this.
  8. Phönixfire

Phönixfire Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Found his video on Youtube ;-)
    After watching his video I understand the method. Just a last question: If I'm running the OC-Scanner of Afterburner and scan for the V-Curve should i run max fans on the scan or just auto fans? Because the last point of the automatic test states "Fan speed 1"...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  9. jc_denton

jc_denton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've recently changed the thermal pad on the chipset (pch), the stock one was getting 90-95c and thermal shutdowns. Gp-extreme helped with reducing temps, however they are still 85c.

I've also added a bunch of small copper heatsink elements to the gpu block, in hopes for reducing temps by increasing the surface area, as its a flat block. However, I can already tell there needs to be some air flowing to the gpu for this to have any effect.

Does anyone have any recommendations for cooling pads for this machine?

I looked at this, https://www.computersalg.dk/i/1120184/modecom-silent-fan-mc-cf15-43-2-cm

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Lift the back up a little and create your own stand with proper fans if you want any impact.