**Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge!**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Oct 6, 2017.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    G-Sync doesn't work properly if you don't enable VSync as there is tearing. The first two pages explain why. VSync when enabled alongside G-Sync is not actually VSync, as long as you limit the FPS. It simply enables the frame time compensation algorithm that prevents tearing inside the G-Sync range caused by frame time variances.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    G-sync will work without V-sync, V-sync is simply used for when G-sync is out of scope (potential frame rate produced is higher than monitor refresh rate)

3. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    No, G-Sync does not work with VSync disabled because otherwise there is tearing inside the G-Sync range.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    G-sync works by timing a completed frame to a refresh of the monitor. If you had to have V-sync enabled it would make G-sync kind of pointless.

5. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    Did you not read the Blur Buster's article? Anyway I'm done repeating this. You can see the tearing yourself in the pendulum demo (test pattern) below the refresh rate with G-Sync on/VSync off on a G-Sync notebook.

6. raz8020

raz8020 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/

Papusan and yrekabakery like this.
  7. Z3us_PL

Z3us_PL Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    "You know nothing Jon Snow"...
    I use G-sync monitor for 4 years and I tested all setting I have read about it, and the best way to work with g-sync (have no tearing effect) and almoste NO INPUT LAG is to use g-sync with v-sync "OFF" and limit fps 1-3fps below yoru max refresh rate.

In my case I OCed my IPS to 100hz so I limit fps to 97 fps and i dont have any tearing in 30-98 fps range I asure You.

V-sync "on" is used in g-sync only for limit fps but side effect is input lag. U can feal this very badly in fast online FPP games.

There is one more think. All depend about GPU drivers. On some with G-sync "on" and V-sync "on" was almoste no input lag and works as fps limitter to max refresh rates and on others drivers
    causes input lag.

(ps. I write "almoste no input lag" becasue some people claim that g-sync adds a little input lag. In my opinio it's so little that I can play on high level online FPP games and have very good aim. On V-sync "on" is impossible)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  8. raz8020

raz8020 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @Z3us_PL

I agree with the frame limiting part (3fps lower with RTSS for eg.), but according to the previously mentioned article, v-sync doesn't interfere with g-sync withing g-sync's range, so that v-sync input lag would only be felt outside g-sync's range.

9. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Gsync only works with in the refresh rate of your monitor, as soon as you're out of the window it no longer works. Eg. 35 - 144hz. Way to get around this is either cap your fps to the max refresh rate of your monitor, vsync or fast sync. I personally use fast sync because to me it feels just like gsync without and of the crap that vsync has, but I've been told im wrong.

10. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Fast sync has worked pretty well for me too.