**Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge!**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Comprodigy

Comprodigy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Dont know what you're getting at. Yes, the 8086k isn't exactly a very exciting CPU, but at the same time it seems like the perfect fit for these laptops. These are some of the best binned 8700ks you can get. Boosting to 5GHz on a single core (whereas mine cant hit 5GHz at all). So, if I can get 5Ghz at the same power that mine takes to get 4.7GHz all core, I'm all for it. Will know tomorrow though.

2. Comprodigy

Comprodigy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Has anyone figured out how to get static/fixed voltage to work on these? I can make all the changes in the bios I want, but attempting to set something like 1.25v, I still end up with fluctuations up into the high 1.4~s

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You would need to play around with the load line calibration.

4. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would not worry about VID spikes under idle.

This system does not have LLC. It has IA AC/DC Loadline. If you set both to 1 (0.01 mOhm), the VID always matches the static voltage you set, no spikes or drops. Which looks nice, but IME works far worse than Loadline 0. Loadline 1 needs a static voltage 150-200mV higher for the same stability as Loadline 0, and causes premature 'EDP Other' throttling under heavy loads. Adding to the weirdness is that Loadline 1 with a higher VID reports lower package power than Loadline 0 with a lower VID. o_O

jaybee83 likes this.
  5. Comprodigy

Comprodigy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Whoa, where are you finding these settings? My bios is about as bland as it gets.

6. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    If you have an unlocked BIOS, it's in Advanced>CPU Power, VR & Performance>CPU - Power Management Control>CPU VR Settings>Core/IA VR Settings

But like I said, I do not recommend using AC/DC Loadline 1 on this system.

7. Comprodigy

Comprodigy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Whelp, I dont have an unlocked BIOS, nor what I would even call a 'functional' bios for that matter. Guess I'm stuck with extremely variable voltage.

8. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    It's better that way.

9. Adobo9

Adobo9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi all,

for anyone who has an external keyboard, do you know if fn+1 will turn on the max fans, or will it only work with the built-in keyboard attached to the laptop?

Also, if the keyboard(external) has built in fn keys, would it still work? Just curious if anyone has experienced something similar as I was thinking of getting one!

Cheers.

10. Comprodigy

Comprodigy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well, I'd personally like to try myself to see what can be done. Can't control VR current limit, cant set any voltage offset or static voltage in the bios, cant effectively control ram timings. Probably the worst bios I have ever worked with.