**Official Sager NP9175 / Clevo P775TM Owner's Lounge!**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Oct 6, 2017.

1. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Update us on your progress please. I'm worried now.

FTW_260 likes this.
  2. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So strange, was working perfectly a day ago..

3. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Did it use 397.64 driver?
    They seem to have killed a bunch of GPUs by posing erattic loads onto the cards...

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 10:51 AM
    Falkentyne, Papusan and Phoenix like this.
  4. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Powers up and stays on but goes to a black screen, might also check the RAM.

5. m4gg0t

Reputations:
    Yea, I was using the latest WHQL drivers. Tried every possible thing. FN + D + PWR, take out battery and power plug, only thing i haven't done is take out CMOS because i don't have a screw driver with me at this point. I guess it's time to use my warranty and send the system back. I however don't have the box in which it came with, as I'm in a Scotland for Uni now and the box is back home in Singapore.

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 10:18 PM
  6. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Idk what's going on with Ngreedia spahgetti drivers. I'm on the hotfix one and ON THE DESKTOP, activated my profile preset (+150 / +675)--note: I'm at 210W TDP but THIS DOES NOT MATTER ON THE DESKTOP, then I manually set the memory +25 higher to +700 and the card instantly locked up and went into a GPU recovery reset hard lock loop with no recovery. ON THE DESKTOP. I did have the clocks locked at the 1.050v voltage point but that shouldnt matter.

I then rebooted, did the same thing, exactly, and this time it worked. LIKE WHAT THE HELL.
    Also had PUBG crash (maybe too high GPU speed? idk) on desktop and driver recovery failed and system hard locked. I've NEVER seen this happen to my MSIbook in MONTHS.

(note: after the reboot, I checked the event viewer and it was spammed with "GPU driver has crashed and recovered) at that time. What. The. Hell.

This is like the eVGA Precision destroying Clevo EDID information all over again....

nvidia_grill_t.jpg

7. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is anyone using Samsung Magician Software with their SSDs on the P775TM? I remember the EDID saga 3 years ago too. Never had evga PrecisionX installed but had Magician plus Win 10. I suspect that combo killed my Alienware 17 LCD but lacked the knowledge to prove it.

8. m4gg0t

Reputations:
    So yea, i guess drivers killed my GPU while being on desktop. Lol...and the system is bearly month old.

9. FTW_260

FTW_260 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @m4gg0t, yeah, some kind of nonsense... I'll install the old version of the drivers today. Just in case. :mad:
    Will you change the video card under warranty?

10. m4gg0t

Reputations:
    Now i have no choice, going to send back the whole system for them to sort out everything when I have time

FTW_260 likes this.