*** OFFICIAL Sager NP8760 / Clevo W870CU Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Larry@LPC-Digital, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swigerb

swigerb Newbie

Reputations:
    So, I built the laptop last night. Built (which was easy...and I was concerned)...as in...installed the processor, RAM, SSD and removed existing processor and GPU thermal grease and added Arctic Cooling MX-3. Loaded up Windows 7 64-bit...and installed latest drivers for everything. Took about an hour.

Ran Windows Experience Index...received a 7.1 with the processor as the lowest component.

Ran 3DMark Vantage with no issues...received a decent score.

Played some StarCraft 2 on Ultra settings and it ran silky smooth.

Ran Prime95 and a couple other benchmark utilities on the drive and memory and it's stable.

Really impressed with the design (clean) and the keyboard (and I hate laptop keyboards). Really like the subtle display lights for the hard drive, etc. Not hearing the issues with speakers that others have stated. Have not tried battery at all since I just got it and wanted to ensure it was charged.

I had never ordered from rjtech.com and was nervous with a new vendor, yet they pulled through and packed the laptop great and it shipped out on time and arrived when expected. NewEgg always pulls through...so I expect that. :D

So far...best laptop I've owned. Screen is fantastic...system runs fast and smooth. Only complaint is the touchpad needed the sensitivity upped after installing the latest driver in Win 7. Really impressed. Only missing item on this laptop would be a backlit keyboard. I did receive the 870cu with a USB 3.0 port (it's blue at least) which I plan on testing out soon.

2. CarlosGFK

CarlosGFK Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Any chance the 470M or the next gen AMD stuff is coming to this laptop?

Edit: Just checked the owners manual for the W8xx CU laptops and in it is mentioned the gtx 470M, so hopefully it is possible.

3. JohnnyFlash

JohnnyFlash Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's all speculation at this point, hopefully the HD6 cards will be supported.

4. stereosound

stereosound Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello there;]. that's what i have..

17.3" (16:9) FHD LED
    Intel® Core™ i7-740QM
    ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD5870
    4,096MB DDR3 1333MHz
    OCZ Vertex Limited Edition SATA II 2.5 SSD 60gb
    500GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache)
    Intel® Ultimate-N 6300 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Installed
    [​IMG]

5. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Is it just me, or the W870CU has been removed from Clevo's website ?

CLEVO - Series

I think they might be phasing it out and leave only the W880CU. Also, I've noticed that some reseller in EU now offers the 460M as an option for the W870CU / W880CU. The difference from the 480M to the 460M is about 500 euros which means about 500-550 USD in US prices.

6. The Revelator

The Revelator Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Certainly appears that way. Makes sense, given the similarity of the W870CU and the W880CU, but it's always discouraging when your (my) model is phased out.

7. stereosound

stereosound Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. dualwunderworld

dualwunderworld Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've just noticed my battery pack sticking out as well. There's a strange slight bulge....sigh...have to contact Xotic/Sager support now I guess...

9. kevindd992002

kevindd992002 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Same with my W860CU just 2 days ago.

10. emolitor

emolitor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The W870CU is off the main page of the stylenote.eu website as well. What is funny is when you click on the W880CU it takes you to a page title W870CU but one of the options is Nvidia GTX 480M (along with the 470, 460, ATI 5870, etc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.