*** OFFICIAL Sager NP8760 / Clevo W870CU Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Larry@LPC-Digital, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaB0x

MikaB0x Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I've searched around but didn't find if it's possible to flash 280m GTX with 285m gtx BIOS. If so could you point for instructions. If it's not possible then I would lke to OC my 280m GTX
    Laptop Model: Clevo W860CU/(Sager Np8690)

Ty for advantage, Mika

2. anmatheextreme

anmatheextreme Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    it's more reliable to overclock via 280m bios than flash the 285m bios. OCing is really easy. You can stary with nvidia system tools and once you find the limit, take NiBiTor, load your bios and start tweaking. Then flash your vbios with nvflash.

3. greigardx

greigardx Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forums and I'm interested in purchasing a Sager 8760 sometime within the next 1-2 months. After all the reviews I've read the only problem I'm sketchy about is the temperature as I don't really care about battery life or the fan noise. I plan on buying through XoticPC. I remember I read somewhere that I could ask XoticPC to run a heat sink check or something to have them make sure the temperatures are stable. Would they do that for me? And is it even called a heat sink check? (I'm not really "techy" so forgive me for my lack of knowledge :()

Thanks in advance :)

4. JohnnyFlash

JohnnyFlash Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Who's having trouble with cooling? One of the main reasons to buy this thing is for the cooling capacity. The w860cu owners found that removing the CPU sticker helped lower temps some more, but we don't have that issue.

I haven't seen any complaints about temps, and haven't had any problems myself. It's a solid unit.

Could you link any of the complaints you've found?

5. hmmlaptop

hmmlaptop Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    QFT.

If any, the thing they can complain is the design, touchpad, speaker. However, heat? I am running BF:BC2 all set to high for 2 hours, not even hot! I don't even apply any thermal paste yet, except for stock. Really, if your only worries is only at the heat, unless you are playing/using your pc under direct sunlight for hours (no electronic can handle this, maybe exception for toughbook), you'll be very happy.

6. RDragon

RDragon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone have an issue with watching YouTube videos or any videos in general I guess when running only on battery power? I can't seem to watch a video for more than a couple of seconds on battery power without the screen freezing, then popping back up again with a message saying the display driver has stopped responding, but has recovered successfully. This only happens when on battery power so I'm thinking this is a power issue. I've reinstalled the latest Ati 5870 drivers but it still comes up when on battery power. Could it be a faulty video card?

7. Larry@LPC-Digital

Larry@LPC-Digital Company Representative

Reputations:
    I totally agree. I have dealt with several NP8760-W870CU units and the cooling is very good. The onboard speaker volume and battery life have been the 2 negatives for some.

8. Larry@LPC-Digital

Larry@LPC-Digital Company Representative

Reputations:
    The Sager NP8760 / Clevo W870CU will now have 1 USB 3.0 Port...:)

9. JohnnyFlash

JohnnyFlash Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm trying to find a way to do a speaker swap. You figure that would be one of the easier things to do.

10. kohinoor

kohinoor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is this official ? I dont see it mentioned on Sager's specs sheet or Clevo's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.