*** Official Sager NP8170/Clevo P170HM Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Riddhy916, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you want to use two with the built in one you can hook one up via HDMI then get a USB adapter for the second external one. That will allow you to have 3 total.

2. kMaN_(KYA)

kMaN_(KYA) Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Ahhh, I did not know you could use a USB adapter to send video. Thanks!

3. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It wont be as good as the dedicated GPU though, it uses its own video processor so its good for things like webpages or office programs (word/excel) etc. It wont be good for any type of gaming.

4. kMaN_(KYA)

Reputations:
    Good to know, thank you very much for the info.

5. bodosko

bodosko Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Look what just happened to mine...

Broken left lcd metal joint.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I never droped it :( That little piece of metal just broke from nothing.

I think too many open/close lid from the right border forced too much the left joint.
    I don't have much lucky with this type of metal, my George Foreman grill joint is made from the same metal and is also broken.
    Its so malleable that you can twist it with your bare hands.

I also noticed that these joints are extremely hard to move. The amount of strength needed to close it with and without the screen isnt comparable. Try to close your screen near the joint.

What can I do now? Is there a replacement for that part? Is there a replacement for entire screen barebone?
    I am also contacting Eurocom, but wanted to give you guys a piece of my sadness. :(

6. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    I know how you feel! On my old M57A the hinges broke 4 or 5 times...

this is the exact replacement-part you need for you P170HM:

LCD HINGE L (LEFT) SECC P170HM 6-33-P1701-012

7. bodosko

bodosko Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks. And where do I find it? Just with the reseller?

Some of the screw bases from the plastic lcd panel are also broken. I think even if I replace just the metal hinge, the screen will become loose inside the barebone.
    Is there a replacement for the entire plastic lcd panel? the LCD barebone.

8. kMaN_(KYA)

Reputations:
    Ouch! That looks terrible!

9. animatrix

animatrix Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    HI - haven't been here for a while to this thread, and I hope by posting here I'm not stepping on any toes or posting where I shouldn't!

My sager 8170 will be 2 in August. I'm using the nvidia geforce gtx 560M. In the past month I purchased a Wacom Cintiq 21UX tablet, since I'm a graphic designer/3d modeler and a tablet is plain heaven. (I will not go into the terrible and well-known hassle of getting an nvidia card to recognize and work with a 21 UX, suffice to say I cannot update the gpu driver past the 270 version...)

It's funny but not - I accidentally hit my CPUID hardware monitor on my taskbar this afternoon, and nearly had a heart attack when it showed my gpu had reached 101 * C. The cores themselves were fine, down at their normal 42-50*C area.

I was not gaming, not using the tablet with any programs like adobe PS or 3ds Max; only had my ms outlook minimized, firefox up on the screen, and a file downloading in the background.

I could not get the gpu down below 90*C even with our beloved Fn+1 and all fans blowing a gale. I shut off the cintiq though I left it attached, so I suppose the gpu was still registering it there, just not actively sending to it. I made sure my power plan was down at Balanced instead of max performance, setting it to automatic adjust with the computer.

There was very little change.

It was not until I changed back from dual monitor to laptop monitor, and physically disconnected the tablet that my temps began to drop, and finally hit a nice comfy 42*C with fans full on. F1 fan is off, I'm browsing online, and it's running at 49*C.

Does ANYONE ELSE use this combination of computer/gpu and a Cintiq tablet of any type? Do you have temp issues like this?

Is there anyone NOT a cintiq user who might have any insight into this temp issue?

Thank in advance for any kind replies.

10. kMaN_(KYA)

Reputations:
    I have never used my 8170 with a Cintiq tablet, but I have played ArmA II & III for hours and I never ran into temp issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.