*** Official Sager NP8170/Clevo P170HM Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Riddhy916, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WakonTonka

WakonTonka Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey RS,

So just to be clear you are a Sager, not a Clevo for revisions? Or does it matter when it not the BIOS?

2. rsdunphy

rsdunphy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I got the sound driver for the realtek sound system from SAGER. I will NOT reflash the BIOS at anytime in the future unless it was a. From sager and b. It was as safe as rooting a nook color to honeycomb...

3. charz

charz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You're mostly welcome :) and sure you will love this machine,

Could you please post your bios and ec versions once you get hold of your system? I just want to know since our systems are similar.

4. WakonTonka

Reputations:
    As Garth might put it: "I'm not worthy".

Guess I will remain in the : "Don't nobody touch nuthin"-mode for awhile longer then.....:eek:

Hmm, up late once again. Where's my grindage Pauli? Wrote an offer to buy a house today! Nibiru missed us, whew.

Now back to the topic.....

5. charz

charz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I keep the system plugged in all the time and I wonder whether I should remove or keep the battery in my laptop.
    In the manual they recommend keeping it in. however, I have read few articles stating otherwise.
    Any advise? I just want to keep a healthy battery for those days I need it most.

6. WakonTonka

Reputations:
    Charz since you are still up this late.....

A Sony laptop I had (& returned for credit, but that is another story) had a neat battery app that allowed one to set the maximum level of charge that would be delivered. IMS, they recommended an 80% charge for times when the lifetime that yielded, would suit your needs. Occasionally a 100% charge and maximum discharge was to be done. They had graphs that showed a longer and more stable lifetime. I'm just saying.

Love to have an app like that for my Satori !!

In the meantime, I take the Clevo battery to 8% from time to time and keep it charging most of the time.

7. charz

charz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Dude, it's still morning where I live now... :D

Yea, the app you mentioned is quite interesting for sure. I really wanna know if keeping a battery at 70-75% charge in a cold place is better than leaving it continuously charging in a plugged in laptop.

8. genocidew

genocidew Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    IMHO, if your are going to 24/7 using via the psu adapter, just take out the battery. though the lest palm area might feel kinda weird since there are no support when the battery are taken out.

to fix that issue, i just use external keyboard.

9. mythlogic

mythlogic Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you pay with cash we can give you a 3% discount making that: $13179.23 and we can probably throw in some free shipping too :p So what do I have to do (besides give you $13K) to get you into this laptop today? :laugh:

10. genocidew

genocidew Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    for live warranty and any time free upgrade to user`s desired option of equal value of time purchase in period of up to 5 years * terms and condition applied :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.