*** Official Sager NP8150/Clevo P150HM Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Daniel Hahn, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Clevo cards and MSI cards were not always swappable though flashing the relevant Vbios over can help. The HM series is very picky.

2. jcrouch001

jcrouch001 Newbie

Reputations:
    I seem to have a new issue going on. Twice today my computer has shut off and then beeped 13 times. After this, I can restart the computer.

This happened to me a couple weeks ago as well and I thought it was an isolated incident. I checked the beep codes for my bios (American Megatrends Inc 4.6.4) and it doesn't have anything for this large a number of beeps. Anyone have any ideas?

Here is some information from WhoCrashed:

Windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
    Windows dir: C:\Windows
    Hardware: P150HMx, CLEVO
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz Intel586, level: 6
    8 logical processors, active mask: 255
    RAM: 8566448128 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. This system is not configured for complete or automatic crash dumps. For best results, configure your system to write out complete or automatic crash dumps. Select Tools->Crash Dump Configuration from the main menu to configure your system to write out complete memory dumps.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Sat 6/16/2018 11:39:04 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061618-32136-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: sgfxk64.sys (0xFFFFF8800FF3DAA0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800E4C7010, 0xFFFFF8800FF3DAA0, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
    Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\sgfxk64.sys
    product: SMSC Graphics Adapter WDDM Software
    company: SMSC
    description: SMSC Graphics Adapter WDDM Kernel Mode Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: sgfxk64.sys (SMSC Graphics Adapter WDDM Kernel Mode Driver, SMSC).
    Google query: sgfxk64.sys SMSC VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

On Sun 6/3/2018 5:53:14 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060318-10436-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: sgfxk64.sys (0xFFFFF8800FF0AAA0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800D0BB010, 0xFFFFF8800FF0AAA0, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
    Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\sgfxk64.sys
    product: SMSC Graphics Adapter WDDM Software
    company: SMSC
    description: SMSC Graphics Adapter WDDM Kernel Mode Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: sgfxk64.sys (SMSC Graphics Adapter WDDM Kernel Mode Driver, SMSC).
    Google query: sgfxk64.sys SMSC VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Conclusion
    2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

sgfxk64.sys (SMSC Graphics Adapter WDDM Kernel Mode Driver, SMSC)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  3. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    looks like a GPU driver crash. so either try DDU to remove current gpu driver properly and install a new one fresh, or, if problems still persist, that could point to a failing GPU...

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Is anything else behaving oddly like the fans?

5. Scerate

Scerate Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    First and foremost, sry for creating a new post for that wasn't sure if i even do a new thread for that, but as i want to maybe help some potential guys out like i just did for a good friend of mine, which still owns my first Clevo (P150HM). I just put together a working fix for using the mentioned Quadro FX2800M vBios Package.

The issue was that the card worked relatively flawless besides the fact that the notebook display didn't work, so i spent hours to find some vBios and get it flashed via nvflash, and got it working with a old Nvflash i had for my 780M (P150SM). I tested the card myself after using that particular vBios and onboard screen works now + some games.

Just download the .zip and use the bat or use the commands manually.

FX2800M Package

[​IMG]

jaybee83 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.