*** Official Sager NP8150/Clevo P150HM Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Daniel Hahn, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcrouch001

jcrouch001 Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok. If I try that and I get stuck in the same spot, how would I go about fixing it? If I have removed the old driver code from my machine, I wouldn't be able to roll back my drivers anymore would I?
    Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    if that happens (which, in my opinion, is unlikely) u can use DDU again, remove the faulty driver and then try to install a different version :)

3. jcrouch001

jcrouch001 Newbie

Reputations:
    I went through with the following steps.
    • Reboot to safe mode
    • Run DDU's clean and restart option with Nvidia selected
    • Download the latest GTX 580M drivers from Nvidia and install
    This was closer to successful than before. In the past, I have got bsod in the middle of the new driver install. This time, the drivers installed completely and then the final step is to restart the computer. On the restart I get bsod right after the windows logo. I tried the above steps with the 2nd most recent drivers from Nvidia as well and had the same results.

I am perplexed o_O

jaybee83 likes this.
  4. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    hmmm, this is indeed unusual. how old is your current windows install? check and see if you have any corruption going on by opening an elevated command prompt (as administrator) and typing the following:

sfc /scannow

also, download a tool like whocrashed and check the bsod codes, thatll give us a hint as to what exactly made the system crash.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk

5. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:

Seconding this, also note that when running that system file check it doesn't seem to check dependencies, so if it comes back with errors that say something couldn't be fixed, run it again to be sure.

jaybee83 likes this.
  6. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yep the 670M dropped right in. Only hitch was drivers needed to be manually installed as the device ID (VEN_10DE & DEV_1213 & SUBSYS_51021558 iirc) for the clevo 670M was missing from the INF files even from nvcv.inf

Once that was added and installed it works fine.

7. Sam Tyler

Sam Tyler Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all !

I am the owner of a clevo P150HM for many years. Last summer, my 6 year old GPU (radeon HD 6970M) dies.
    The clevo starts and windows loads in safe mode. With radeon drivers, there's green artifacts all over the screen.

After reading this post, i bought a second hand 3gb MSI GTX 670M on ebay (MS-1W051 ver 1.1).
    Before installing the new GPU, I have flashed the bios of the p150hm to the latest one (EC/KBC V 1.00.13 & BIOS V 1.01.14).

Then I turn the power on, and... nothing ! With or without AC adapter, the clevo refuse to power on with the 670M. The led on the AC adapter just flash...

I have tried after to reboot with the died radeon without any problem. I have also tried to install a clevo Radeon HD 5870M, the P150HM starts and then reboot every 30 seconds after 4 bips.

Does my problem with GTX670M looks familiar to you ? Is the card dead ? Does the vbios needs to be flashed ?

Many thanks.

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It has been a few years but was the 670M ever confirmed to work in this model?

9. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Clevo 670M yes, see about 3 posts above ;p

I tried the same Clevo 670M in a GT780 shell whose MSI 570M had blown a FET and though I couldn't get any display, I could tell the laptop was POSTing normally (via a usb key activity LED). So vice versa I would assume a MSI card in Clevo would at least power on since that's more an electrical issue than one of firmware. Did the seller sell it tested or as-is?

10. Sam Tyler

Sam Tyler Newbie

Reputations:
    The (non professionnal) seller sell it fully working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.