*** Official Sager NP8150/Clevo P150HM Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Daniel Hahn, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcrouch001

jcrouch001 Newbie

Reputations:
    The trackpad will work if I apply a more than normal amount of pressure and it is slower than it used to be. Do you think that this could still be a problem with the cable? Do you know where one would find such a guide. I have looked but been unsuccessful in finding anything related to this machine other than the manual.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    First google result of P150HM teardown is a video showing how.

3. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Getting to the trackpad entails removing the entire top portion of the chassis, which means you need to remove every screw from the bottom first. It's unlikely a cable issue and more likely either a touchy trackpad board or poor grounding.

4. Tommo2400

Tommo2400 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

I've had my P150HM for 4 years now. Been great for me, but now it's on deaths door for me. I think I'm due an upgrade, but firstly I need to fix the issues I'm having with it.

Month ago, the graphics card, an ATI 6990M, gave out. The laptop would turn on but I had no display. I've now tried replacing it, but I'm getting different issues.

Now when I power it up, it goes through the POST checks fine, then after about 5 seconds the fans come on full power, and it emits a high beeping around every 3 seconds and the 3 lights next the power switch light up. Then after about 10 seconds it turns off.

So what I've tried so far is checking temperatures (while I have the brief chance) and nothing goes above 45°. I've tried swapping out the memory sticks, and taken out the battery to be powered only through mains. I've tried looking for what the beeping means and it points to overheating. Having checked the temp sensors through this doesn't seem right.

So, anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

Thanks,
    Tom

5. Hubris2

Hubris2 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you replace the video with the 'correct' card with a Sager flash? Some of the video cards don't send correct temperature data back to the BIOS and the computer does a panic shut-down to prevent overheating.

6. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Was it a Clevo branded card? Most other brands will not work.

7. Tommo2400

Tommo2400 Newbie

Reputations:
    No, the replacement's from an Alienware laptop. I suppose I'd need to somehow flash the card?

8. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you can find a compatible vBIOS, that is. Typically the Dell cards do not work in Clevos (there are some rare instances otherwise, but they're the exception, not the rule).

9. Tommo2400

Tommo2400 Newbie

Reputations:
    OK. Not something I've done before. I'm sure I can find instructions, but where'd I find a compatible vBIOS?

10. Hubris2

Hubris2 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...modded-vbios-for-clevo-p1xxhm-laptops.688656/ is a link to a discussion around the procedure for blind re-flashing the 7970m...which may not be the specific instructions you require, but will give you an idea of what would be involved. If you aren't fairly comfortable with the activity, it's not necessarily something you would want to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.