*** Official Sager NP8150/Clevo P150HM Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Daniel Hahn, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevindd992002

kevindd992002 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Oops, I forgot about msata. Yeah, no msata for our machines.
    The Crucial M500 has a new technology that haven't had any reviews yet. Wait for a while if you're eyeing for that. On the other hand, the 840 pro is stellar.

I have a Crucial M4 on my laptop and a Plextor M3S on my desktop. You really won't notice any difference when it comes to day-to-day tasks. I reckon you are not much into games, so I can say that any SSD of this generation would be best for you. But I understand that if you are buying now, might as well buy the best already.

2. Abidderman

Abidderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    After reading Anand's review, it would seem the m500 is mostly storage at the expense of latest performance. I am not for sure but you might be better off with a faster OS SSD and replace the ODD with a fast 1 TB HDD. Maybe someone else with a better understanding can help with this, but it seems it is a midrange performer with large storage space. Maybe not so much latest and greatest.

3. kevindd992002

Reputations:
    That makes sense because of how large the storage is. I agree, it would be wiser to have a faster OS SSD and replace the ODD with a fast HDD; this is exactly what I did with my NP8130. M4 with Seagate Momentus 7200.4 500GB. My system is blazing fast with this SSD.

4. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    u said faster os ssd, then why did u stick to the M4? ;) its always been a midrange performer, albeit a very reliable and cheap one :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. kevindd992002

Reputations:
    Becuase I didn't feel the necessary upgrade. I have the Plextor M3S in my desktop which is one top performer also.

Me and Abidderman were actually referring to trvlbug to get a faster OS SSD and replace the ODD with a fast HDD. I was simply agreeing to what Abidderman suggested and that is directed to trvlbug. He is just buying a new SSD, so he might as well get the fastest SSD. I am not talking for myself regarding this. Yes? :)

6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    lol, nice one :p gotcha :)

reading reviews on the M500, those prices are indeed tempting!

especially considering all those enterprise extras they put in there: hardware encryption, automated temperature throttling, extra capacitors against data loss in case of a power outage, etc.

not to mention that sddreview.com puts the M500 right between the OCZ Vector and the Samsung 840 Pro, basically making it the no. 2 top performing SSD.... almost sounds too good to be true :D

7. kevindd992002

Reputations:
    Hmmm, how much do they cost? :)

8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    just checked the prices here in germany: about 330€ for the 480GB one and 533€ for the 960GB model :) but i expect those prices to drop significantly once general availability is ensured

9. trvelbug

trvelbug Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  10. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    good choice! the M500 is definitely way faster than the regular 840 :) keep us updated with ur experience with this drive ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.