*** Official Sager NP8150/Clevo P150HM Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Daniel Hahn, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E.Blar

E.Blar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, you should be able to put a xeon in a P270WM... Which is what I assume is in that schenker...

2. nstiver

nstiver Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I like believing that I have 8 cores, real or imagained

3. nstiver

nstiver Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    :eek: Ooops, the i7 2630QM is a quad core processor. I was thrown off because the resource monitor shows 8 usage graphs. I was still functioning on 2 cores, however, but only 2 of 4, not 2 of 8. Like I said, it has been a while since I owned a PC:)

4. kevindd992002

kevindd992002 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Look here how you specified "8 cores of a QM CPU":

Q there will make one think promptly that it is quad-core.

5. Vedya

Vedya There Is No Substitute...

Reputations:
    At what temperature should one start to get concerned with the cooling of the laptop (both for Idle and Gaming)?

My 8150 shut down (a complete shut down, as if it had no battery and lost its power supply) twice over the past 10 days, I was wondering if it is because of overheating? With my previous 5793 (m570ru), I'd feel when the laptop is overheating, but I never felt like such with this laptop. I installed HW monitor so I could take a look at its temps, its 50-65 idle, about 70-85 during gaming, maxing at 95. Is that within the normal ranges?

What other reasons would the laptop shut down abruptly like that?

6. Vedya

Vedya There Is No Substitute...

Reputations:
    It's QM hyperthreaded, so there are 8 cores.

7. Anthony@MALIBAL

Anthony@MALIBAL Company Representative

Reputations:

Those are higher idle temps than most have, but it depends on your ambient temperatures. Most report idel temps in the mid 40C range. Your gaming temps are within normal ranges though.

It could shutdown without notice due to power interruption or lose RAM.

That's not actually true. It has 4 physical cores, but it's hyperthreaded so that it has 4 extra threads for a total of 8 threads at one time.

8. kevindd992002

kevindd992002 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    From the word hyperTHREADED, it's QM=4 cores, 8 THREADS.

9. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That doesn't sound like GPU-temp-related shutdown. When temps get really high, GPUs just like CPUs "thermal throttle" their clocks right down. You should notice significant performance degradation (i.e. your game turns to a slideshow) before it shuts down.

Download MSI Afterburner, run the 'server' component with an On-Screen Display to show GPU clocks, temps and utilisation *during* a game. Try and figure out if your restarts happen when temps are highest.

If I had to pick most likely suddenly shutting down sounds like a power circuitry issue... not what you want to hear tho.

PS: Hyperthreaded quad cores are NOT 8-core (but are 8-threads). Look at performance numbers, best case scenarios show the "extra" 4 cores add 15% because most of the "core" is shared between two logical threads. I'm not sure why Intel persist with it, I'd rather just turn it off but noone seems to have the option on notebook BIOSes to do so... they don't need the performance boost as AMD is so far behind, surely they'd rather the expense on transistors be profit ??... unless that many people really ARE sucked in by the "8 core" type rubbish...

10. hellrazor

hellrazor Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi all

Ive ordered a P150HM Hooray finally a laptop with some grunt
    15.6 FHD (1920 x 1080) LED, Radeon HD 6990M GRaphics 2GB, i7-2760QM Processor,Seagate maximus 750GB Hybrid (8GB SSD), 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM,Blu Ray Reader + Supermulti DVD+-R/RW Double layer

11. Architect

Architect Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    After five posts you can "Edit Signature" in the User CP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.