Official Sager NP8130/Clevo P151HM1 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by opelfrost, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Mysterious

Mr_Mysterious Like...duuuuuude

Reputations:
    Hello Tiotion,

Sounds good, but don't put an XT in your ODD, especially if you're using it for storage. A normal 500GB 7200RPM drive should be fine. :)

Mr. Mysterious

2. supralover23

supralover23 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Another thought would be to just take the optical drive you tear out and stick it in an enclosure, rather than buying a new external optical drive.

3. Tiotion

Tiotion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well touché Lamp... You dOnt happen to work there, do you lol? I'll shoot an email and go for there.
    Thanks Mr I'll go with that then.... Hang on your sig says you got an ssd and xt... How are you set up? It's not that I'm dead keen on a XT; just curious.
    Supra...I'll thought of that too but cbf looking for an enclosure and going through eBay. A drive is ~$30. Meh.

4. Mr_Mysterious

Mr_Mysterious Like...duuuuuude

Reputations:
    Lol i made a mistake (of sorts) at the time and didnt have the funds to buy a new 500GB drive. :p

I keep thinking that i'm not using my xt properly.

Mr. Mysterious

5. Thisisalamp

Thisisalamp Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Haha no I'm not working there; I wish I was though...seems to be a nice and fun job to be a reseller. :D There's an LBO representative here in NBR (user: jack-lbo). He pops in from time to time.

http://www.logicalblueone.com.au/st...onversion-kit-official-part-plus-1tb-hdd.html

1TB offer with optical drive :eek: ! Kinda expensive though I would think.

6. Tiotion

Reputations:
    Yeh I already have a wd 1tb hdd. External hdd died... Pretty sure it's the Sata to USB board as I have no power. Gonna grab a dock/enclosure and plug it into router for network storage. I'd use it in laptop but I'm pretty sure it's 3.5".

Hey Lamp...how you living without fingar print readarrr lol. That's a deal breaker ;)

7. Thisisalamp

Reputations:
    Oh you can ask for the reader (but I forgot about mine). LBO stated that I could get a reader if I actually wanted one , but their special deals have no readers. Kinda weird but well. I thought it'll be annoying without one...but seeing that it sits in my house all day, I just put an empty password and let it glide through the startup process. So that kinda eliminates that problem in a way.

8. Tiotion

Reputations:
    LBO offered to match A4L free postage...that's pretty cool. Last question Lamp... Does your Horize come with any stickers or branding on the LCD frame? Looks like LBO shopped Horize on their pics on the site. The lack of branding is something that I really like with Clevos.

9. Thisisalamp

Reputations:
    No branding on the laptop itself :) . "Horize" stickers are stuck on the packaging, that's about it. But you can ask them, maybe they might've changed that.

[​IMG]

10. narcoticx2

narcoticx2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    They have branding on the inside of the LCD now. Below the LCD, centred when you open it. Just the Horize logo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.