1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

**Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Jan 17, 2011.

1. mrPico

mrPico Notebook Deity

Looks like us February people won't get theirs shipped until the end of next week if everything goes well. That's a bummer because it will be after my college break.

2. hispeed4567

hispeed4567 Notebook Evangelist

Its better than what Sager originally predicted. March would have trickle shipments and shipments would stabilize after march, sometime in april.

3. Catan

Catan Notebook Evangelist

Can't wait for the reviews...

4. ursoouindio

ursoouindio Notebook Evangelist

me too! :D

Btw, this notebook supports dual-channelling on a 2+4 GB RAM configuration?

5. justsomedude

justsomedude Newbie

Anyone heard anything from Mythlogic about ship dates yet?

6. levin70

levin70 Notebook Enthusiast

I have been in an e-mail exchange today with Josh. I am #2 on the list and they expect to have my shell in house early next week for build. I asked for pictures (shell and parts arrival, during build and testing) and will try to post as they come in.

Be forewarned however, I have heard from super secret spies that the mythlogic guys like to build au natural so to speak, so these pictures are only meant for a mature audience :eek: :cool:

Regards

7. justsomedude

justsomedude Newbie

Cool, thanks. What was your order date?

8. Bhima

Bhima Notebook Consultant

I too am getting one of the first 5160s from Mythlogic and my order date was 1/29

9. geoxile

geoxile Notebook Geek

Lol. I probably won't get mine till April...ordered march :(

10. ursoouindio

Mine's estimated date is April 18th. I guess Brazillian resellers are left to lower priority hhehehe

As I said some pages back, i still have two options to get, from two different resellers. I got them for about the same price (actually the second is 2% cheaper :p)

1. 2630QM, 4GB RAM, IC Diamond Thermal Paste and 2 years warranty

2. 2720QM, 6GB RAM, "surprise" thermal compound and 3 years warranty

On the other specs, both options are the same: Full HD screen, 500GB 7200 RPM HD, blue-ray reader, lame 42.84 Wh battery.

I'm falling for the number two. Despite the surprise element, they have a good fame among clients (most are more game enthusiasts than I) and a very nice warranty. Also, I suppose I will not stress the CPU and GPU that much on my regular basis...

What do you think?

11. mrPico

mrPico Notebook Deity

Wow definitely get the second option for 2% less unless the company is fishy.

12. flipflopper81

flipflopper81 Newbie

I only ordered a few days ago, but was told to expect my 1411/NP5160 by the end of the month. Other vendors were quoting early April. So while it sounds like Myth hasn't quite got their shells yet, they may be able to get through their orders faster... hopefully :cool:

13. ursoouindio

Thanks, mrPico.
    These company has a good reputation. I've been looking for references and almost everyone is pretty satisfied with their products/services.

14. levin70

levin70 Notebook Enthusiast

My original order date was either the 26th or 27th of January. I updated the order in late Feb to change SSD's - from the ocz vertex 2 to the newer corsair perf 3. Extra $150 that I believe over the long haul will be well worth the investment

Regards

15. geoxile

geoxile Notebook Geek

Anyone get an ETA for Xoticpc.com?

16. FatherEarth

FatherEarth Notebook Enthusiast

Since NewEgg hasn't restocked the refurbished G73 in a while (and it doesn't have a 1080p screen), I'm considering this.

I've been seriously thinking about buying the HP ENVY 17 (Radeon HD 5850), but the problem I find with that is that the estimated shipping date is the very end of this month. So, I see this NP5160 but the date isn't known.

If I ordered this, do you guys think it would arrive sooner than the HP? I'm just tired of trying to find a laptop for under $1100 that will play anything at a good framerate.

17. Justin@XoticPC

Justin@XoticPC Company Representative

We are expecting to start shipping this weeks orders on all Sager Models within approximately 10-12 business days. We are getting through orders quickly and should be current with orders very soon :D:D

18. geoxile

geoxile Notebook Geek

Lol great news! But now I'm anxious :O

19. c0lap1nada

c0lap1nada Notebook Enthusiast

Kind of late but I just pre-ordered mine today... hopefully I won't get it in June or something :D

20. Bhima

Bhima Notebook Consultant

I think you'll get the Envy or the 5160 around the same time. Now if you are looking to game, I don't think the 5160's 540m graphics card can compete with an AMD 5850. If you plan on gaming more than actually working on your machine, I'd consider getting the Envy instead. If you need to work more on it and feel the SB processor upgrade would make that part of your life faster, then get the 5160.