1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

**Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ursoouindio

ursoouindio Notebook Evangelist

Mr Mysterious, thanks for the tips.
    I too want to take good care of my new notebook and keep it by my side for years.

I do use my actual notebook intensively on work and leisure, but this with sandy bridge should handle most things I do much easily. I do not play games very often, but I would like to enjoy its capabilities from time to time and maybe after a while I'll let that aside.

My problem is that, If I choose to have IC Diamond thermal compound, I'll have to give up a better overall configuration...
    Given that the sandy bridges are a little cooler than the last generation, I'm falling for the better configuration... but still would like some thought on it, as I don't know those Clevo machines and neither have experience with i7s...

2. oz73942

oz73942 Notebook Guru

I would try calling the seller and asking them if its an option. There's a chance since its the 27, that the ic might be stock. (That's the case with xotic)

3. mythlogic

mythlogic Company Representative

All our machines come with IC7 on them, for no additional charge, so you don't have to sacrifice config for some IC Diamond =)

4. ursoouindio

ursoouindio Notebook Evangelist

I'll try to find that out. It is possible since the reseller does have a good fame and they do use good components. I expect them to use a good thermal compound, but maybe not this one that is 'better'.

So you ship one to Brazil? Ah, the taxes could get to nearly 100% of the declared value... :p
    Believe, I would like to get one of yours Matte screens. But around here we don't have much options.

But simplifying the question: would you say that IC7 is a critical point to choose a Clevo W150HNQ notebook with the 2720QM?

5. mythlogic

Hey,

We've had someone from down there just fly up here and pick it up, it was cheaper and they wouldn't have to "help" it though customs, we're 20 min from Detroit Metro so it was no biggie lol.

But in all seriousness, None of the Sandy Bridge procs run THAT hot in a laptop for it to be required, however, as we know heat is the #1 killer of laptops. So we always recommend using or at least something better than stock, for the simple reason of cooler stuff means it'll last that much longer.

6. Bhima

Bhima Notebook Consultant

Bah, when I see Mythlogic posting in this thread I keep hoping its to say "we got some 5160s in the shop now, time to configure, test and ship em out!"

7. ccfu

ccfu Newbie

Hey McGooble~ Thanks for the input. I guess I will just wait for the laptop to be in stock first, then decide if I should pull the trigger on either NP5160 or NP8130. I've never own or seen a Sager/Clevo laptop before, but they do seem like a fine laptop. :p

8. Mr_Mysterious

Mr_Mysterious Like...duuuuuude

Got a question for the resellers:

If I had a Momentus XT 500 and shipped it to you guys, what would be my options in terms of the pricing in order to have it installed into my 5160? (Yes, I've decided to buy this beauty, but not until I have saved up the funds)

I think it would be fair to offer me a slightly lower price than a fully configured machine with a 320GB HDD in there, since I'm saving you a HDD in the first place and only inputting a much better hybrid HDD in there. What do you think?

Mr. Mysterious

9. ccfu

ccfu Newbie

+1 I've the Seagate Momentus XT 500 too, and would like to know if the overall price would be cheaper without a HDD.

10. mythlogic

Yea we can do that, if you have parts that you want in your laptop that you already own or get on some crazy shellshocker thats no problem. Just shoot me a PM, we don't charge for the service just need to get it to us, other people have done that. The only caveat is we don't warranty your own parts, but besides that yea hardware, OS's, other software no biggie send it on in =)

11. Mr_Mysterious

Mr_Mysterious Like...duuuuuude

Yeah that's fine mythlogic....you didn't answer my other question, which was how would the price change? You wouldn't charge for the service (and thank you for that) but would you be able to lower the price since I'm saving you an HDD?

Oh and don't worry about the warranty...the Momentus XT is barely a week old, never opened, still in it's original packaging and a completely blank and bare drive. It should be fine.

Mr. Mysterious

12. Ryan

Ryan NBR Moderator Moderator

They should, other resellers save you $40 when pulling out the HDD, and that was for the P150HM barebones with the 320GB base.

13. mythlogic

Sorry, of course the price would go down =) Just shoot me a PM and I would be glad to give you a price. Because yea I'm not going to charge you for parts i'm NOT putting in hehe.

14. tim.sloane

tim.sloane Notebook Enthusiast

Just got my shipping notification from Power Notebooks; it'll go out either today or tomorrow! YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

15. mrPico

mrPico Notebook Deity

Congrats!! Can you tell us when you ordered? :) We are eager to get ours too!

16. tim.sloane

Yeah, I ordered it January 18th. It's been a long wait, but I was probably pretty near the front of the queue. No tracking number e-mailed to me this morning, so it should be shipping out tonight.

17. Justin@XoticPC

Justin@XoticPC Company Representative

Shipments have finally started. Many of you should have tracking #'s in your inbox this AM. :)

18. tim.sloane

Heh heh, just got my tracking number, it's scheduled to arrive on Pi Day! What a great Pi Day present ^_^

19. Bhima

Bhima Notebook Consultant

Right on, good to see these are already starting to move.

20. quantumslip

quantumslip Notebook Enthusiast

Ordered my NP5160 directly from Sager. Today got a call stating that they have systems in and will ship mine next week!

FYI I ordered on 1/27.