**Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Jan 17, 2011.

1. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh that sucks. I just ordered a Sager NP5160 a week ago. So this is going to be delayed further? I thought it only affected the P67 chipset?

2. mythlogic

mythlogic Company Representative

Reputations:
    Nope, its all 6 Series chipsets.

3. tim.sloane

tim.sloane Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It might only be the P67 according to engadget: Intel finds Sandy Bridge chipset design flaw, shipments stopped and recalls beginning -- Engadget

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what intel finally decides to recall...

4. mythlogic

mythlogic Company Representative

Reputations:
  5. tim.sloane

tim.sloane Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OK, your rep should know more than a CSR :yes: Thanks for the details.

6. Bhima

Bhima Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Roastedpork

All of these: CNET's best IPS and PVA monitors - CNET Reviews
    This one: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4070/dell-u3011-review-dells-new-30-inch-flagship
    also, this one: http://www.eizo.com/global/products/flexscan/sx2762w/index.html
    and the Apple 30" Cinema display: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-m...ILKWM/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_2?ie=UTF8&index=2

In fact, go to this link and check all the IPS panels:
    http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

Pretty much every large format IPS panel except for the 24" and 27" iMacs are matte finish. The 20.5" IPS dell monitor that I am typing this post on is also matte. So yeah, the majority of the best desktop screens made have matte finishes.

7. ludditus

ludditus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Perhaps this question has been answered, if you order the 51XX or 81XX with an optical drive, does is still come with the swappable HDD caddy? Or does that need to be ordered separately? I have that on my Sager 5320 and would hope to get it on a new laptop so I can run SSD/HDD combo.

8. browncoat

browncoat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you mean order it with the optical drive and no second HDD for the optical bay? That's what I did, and I had to email them (XoticPC) and add a caddy onto the order. IIRC it cost $40 + shipping.

9. paladin44

paladin44 Company Representative

Reputations:
    Ordering the HDD caddy for the ODD Bay is an option for Sager models now, you will see it on the Customizer.

If you just want a caddy, you would have to buy that separately, but Sager does not offer it as a stand alone item. You would have to find another supplier for it...Google is your best friend for that. But, beware of the cheap ones...spend a few more dollars and get a good one...(hint...www.newmodeus.com)

10. ludditus

ludditus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, I saw the option for "no Optical drive" but I guess what I am looking for is an optical drive plus a caddy. Sounds like that should be a possibility, though.

Any guesses whether a caddy for NP5320 (which I already have) would fit the 5160? I think that one was a SATA connection.

This looks like the exact laptop for me as I definitely wanted switchable graphics. Now I guess I just have to wait for Intel to fix their debacle.