1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

**Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Jan 17, 2011.

1. mythlogic

mythlogic Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hey,

The 2630qm is the odd ball processor in that it has a lot of features disabled. The dual-core line up all support WiDi properly and the other technology.

thanks

2. PerneInAGyre

PerneInAGyre Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi All, anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement keyboard for the NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ which is centred in the laptop (i.e. without a numeric keypad) ?

3. mastahowie

mastahowie Newbie

Reputations:
    just saw the addition of the FHD matte screens with the 95% ntsc gamut on xotic (i think this has been an option for some time now on mythlogic). any experience or pics that compare this with the regular FHD glossy regarding contrast, color representation, brightness, viewing angles, etc? is it worth the premium?

Edit:
    nm, just found the shweet photos posted by mythlogic: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sag...-between-different-screen-options-photos.html
    very nice

4. redmango

redmango Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it possible to add 16GB (2 x 8GB)?

I would really like the option of have 16 GB for RAM on the 5160. The only other alternative is selecting another laptop such as 8150.

5. Bhima

Bhima Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Funny you list those games, if you just add Guild Wars 2 then we would be talking about the exact same game list ;). If you check on Youtube, there is a guy with a Sony Vaio F series i think that has a first gen i7 processor and an NVIDIA 330M graphics card which is between 20-30% less powerful than the 540m in this Sager. He is playing wow on high settings at FHD and his framerates are 50+ all the time.... it only dips into the 40s when he is using FRAPS. So yeah, I think the 540m will be able to do well with those games, though I think Guild Wars 2 might strain it a bit and don't expect to go ultra with SC2.

6. geoxile

geoxile Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    How long does the battery last for say, web browsing?

7. danny6o4

danny6o4 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

does this mean that this processor is no good? does it support Wi-di?

8. ccfu

ccfu Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I've been following this thread since the beginning. I'm considering the NP5160 or NP8130, I like the idea of mobility; since my current laptop is heavy and aging, moreover, I need something that runs in 64bit.

However, I'm concerning about the speaker position of this laptop, can anyone who owns or have experienced with this laptop give me some idea of what I can expect?

This is my very first post here in the forum! :)
    Thank you in advance.

9. ursoouindio

ursoouindio Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm also concerned on this! And if Optimus is on or if its disabled, how about the difference in the battery usage?
    Anyone?

ccfu,
    about the sound, I've just read bad news.
    But again, I would not expect a good sound quality for a notebook, even that I really use it for music and movies. I use external speakers or headphones almost every time.

It takes space for the sound to be projected in a really good way, and it's not what can be done on a notebook.

But even then, if your question is about the difference between other models, it seems that this notebook is below average on the sound quality.

10. Bhima

Reputations:
    Noone has this laptop to confirm battery times yet but I'd speculate web browsing battery life with 60% screen brightness to be around 4 hours, potentially even more.

11. ursoouindio

Reputations:
    Depending on its battery capacity...
    There are more than one battery capacity option, right?

I will depend what a local Clevo reseller (or should it be assembler?) and what they will offer.

4 hours sounds nice to me.
    I know there are other models that promise more, but I actually never had a notebook that could take it that long.

12. Acerus

Acerus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, can I ask several questions? I am about to buy Sager NP5160.

Which processor should I get? I want to know the differences between the i5 and different types of i7 processors. I tried googling, but to no avail.

Next, the NP5160 comes with a glossy screen, right? But I want to see under the Sun, as I will use my notebook in a bus while traveling too. Would pasting a matte screen over it work?

Finally, I see an option to upgrade the battery to "NP5160 SMART Li-ION BATTERY PACK 6 CELLS 62.16 WH". How does that work? Is it like the slice battery found in HP Envies? How much weight does it add? And how much more juice do I get, compared to the normal battery. Or is that option just to get another battery? (I suspect the later, since it has the same amount of Wh as the original battery, but it doesn't hurt to ask)

13. mythlogic

Reputations:
    Depends on what you want to do with the machine. For most people the dual core processors will be more than enough for what they want to do with them. Especially if they are being used for light gaming / office work.
    It does come with a glossy screen. You could either get a matte cover or we also offer that laptop with a matte screen in it (You can PM me for more info)

The batteries are all standard size of the 62.16 WH. There are no slice options, just to get another battery.

thanks!

14. Vanaru

Vanaru Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Sweet deal, Im definately leaning towards the 5160 now. $500+ just doesnt seem worth it to play a few more games on high (For video editing and such, I understand). Now I just gotta wait for resellers to get them in stock.:(

15. geoxile

geoxile Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    How much of a difference would the 10W saved by the i5 2520 make?

16. mythlogic

Reputations:
    As we don't have the laptops yet I can't quantify that for you, but it will be a noticeable amount of battery life. Just don't know how much yet.

17. Bhima

Reputations:
    Who else has the 5160 on pre-order and can't freaking wait to get it? I'd probably be slightly less excited if the NVIDIA card in my Compal didn't crap the bed.

18. ccfu

ccfu Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for the reply, well, I know I can't expect a good sound quality out of a notebook. I just hope that the speaker can be at least on average. :(
    Perhaps I should go for NP8130?

19. ursoouindio

Reputations:
    when does it come out?

I believe I'll need to wait a little longer here in Brazil...

ccfu, I really can't tell.
    I don't know of any reliable test on the sound quality...
    The speakers are at the bottom of the notebook, right?
    Take a look on this review.
    NP8130 has even a subwoofer... but I wouldn't expect a very good sound on it. Besides the extra weight...

20. ccfu

ccfu Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I believe the speakers are at the bottom... That's what I'm more concern about, especially when I want to browse on my bed or say on soft surface.
    I currently have a 17" Dell which the weight is probably at (or close to) 10lbs include the power brick. I definitely want my new laptop to be as light as possible, but I also do a lot of graphic intense work like photoshop, maya, zbrush etc... That's why I'm thinking about NP8130. But the weight and battery life on NP5160 seems so sweet... :p

Thanks for the link of the review:D