**Official Sager NP5160 / Clevo W150HNQ Owners' Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Jan 17, 2011.

1. othonda

othonda Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I understand the machine is running off the IGP to get the extended time, what I want to know is the machine using a Quad or Dual CPU to get the 4.5-5 hours of run time. It will make a difference which one is being quoted for the time.

2. lammah

lammah Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The sandy bridge currently listed are 45W and above, see here.

So their power usage will be about the same as 1st gen quad i7 , such as the i7-720.

I am waiting for the release of the 25 and 35W sandy bridges to check their benchmarks, they should have a significantly longer battery life.

3. madwildcat

madwildcat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Doesn't it have to be the Quad core Sandy-Bridges that are being used? For one, the quad cores are the only CPUs being offered with this model, and for two, I don't believe the dual core Sandy Bridge is out yet.

4. othonda

othonda Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not necessarily, since this laptop will support both duals and quads, the factory testing will have validated both types. For the resellers to quote numbers they have to get back to Sager or Clevo, so the numbers they get could be from either class of CPU’s. Not from just what you could buy now.

5. paladin44

paladin44 Company Representative

Reputations:
    The 4.5~5 hour battery life quote is from actual testing using Sandy Bridge Quads and the integrated video.

Testing with the discrete card is not done because there are just too many variables of use, and therefore the battery life will vary widely. However you should expect, given proper settings to maximize battery life, the most important of which is to have your screen brightness turned down as much as possible and still have it comfortable to read, you should see something in the range of 2~2.5 or more hours given normal computing tasks. For gaming, cut it in half.

6. nosleep

nosleep Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you tell me what version of memory is used for the 540m graphic card? Clevo website says GDDR3 but that does not seem to be an option according to:
    NotebookCheck Specs
    According to that, only GDDR5 and DDR3 are available.

7. othonda

othonda Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice! So with a 35W Dual (I am thinking the i5 2520) we should see a solid battery life north of 5 hours.

8. Justin@XoticPC

Justin@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Just from Sager:

9. Seanwhat

Seanwhat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does this affect all sager/clevo resellers? I'm not sure how the whole business works.

10. Justin@XoticPC

Justin@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, that is correct. :(