**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VZX

VZX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think most people can get the core up to 700Mhz, just keep the memory and shader at the same ratio.

I just got my unit and try to install everything (momentus XTfirmware, installing intel rapid something for momentus). And GDI, I got stuck pixel (it's blue while everywhere is black). Can UDPixel fix this?

Oh yeah, about eSATA. I'm noob on this

I got powered external HD with USB 2.0 and eSATA interface. When I plug the cable and turn the HD on, windows can't detect the drive. What should I do now? Do I suppose to install driver to enable eSATA? or eSATA shouldn't be plug and play?
    UPDATE:
    Installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver enabled the port.

EDIT: I can't run hardware monitoring :/
    HWmonitor and Riva Tuner can't read any value
    HWMonitor waits too long and frozen, so I had to kill it
    RivaTuner has no hardware monitoring option on my dGPU.

What should I do?

2. shteren

shteren Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    thought i'm ought to write something in here, i'm reading this thread for a while now, i live in israel, being as it is, getting a descent laptop here is a hard job, the prices go insane, for instance, 800$-1000$ laptops cost about the same in here, but a 1100$ could cost 1400$ in israel, and 1800$ one can be sold for like 3000$ it's crazy.

lucky for me i have family in the states and they are coming to visit soon, after a long research i chose the saper np 5125 for it's hybrid abilities and great price, and the talks here in the forum also gave me confidence for buying a laptop from a bit less known company like sager.

so keep it up, and i'll try to help once i get my lappy aswell :), the first one i buy i must add.

this is my spec:
    fHD screen
    core i5 540m
    4GB ram
    500GB 7200 rpm hdd
    intel centrino 6300 wificard
    no os, and a spare larger battery.

Justin did you getmy latest e-mail about the money? it was sent 2 days ago and i got no reply...

3. bbuccola

bbuccola Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i thought the ratio was between shader and core? i jsut tried to use nvidia tools to OC went 700/700/1540 and for osme reason i saw a 20fps decrease in framerate? help on what im doing wrong? i would love to boost teh performance while not needing battery life on this comp

4. VZX

VZX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, memory should be left as is most of the time, since it's the easiest part to damage when you OC a GPU. Are you sure dGPU active all the time ?

BTW, do you get HWMonitor and RivaTuner working fine on 258.96 driver?

5. bbuccola

bbuccola Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I didn't have dgpu active al the time ill try turning it on then apply change. I've been using nvidia tools. I'll try rivatuner tonight, and I changed the Omg file and am using the up to date driver. Havnt had any issues with it beyond install

6. firzen771

firzen771 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    this is the week the screens should be coming in :D

7. Shane@DARK.

Shane@DARK. Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yup yup, and they'll very possibly be selling out just as fast again :)

8. firzen771

firzen771 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    haha, probably, long as the order i made on the 12th makes it to my house ill be happy :D

9. Shane@DARK.

Shane@DARK. Company Representative

Reputations:
    Don't worry, if you placed your order before they come back in stock you should be fine :D

10. VZX

VZX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    BTW, I got the "A" from SAGER label torn.. I don't remember handling this machine roughly though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.