**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryker412

Stryker412 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just use Microsoft Security Essentials, works great and free.

2. Winejug87

Winejug87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not something you generally want to post........

try Comodo. It's worked fine for me and its free too!

3. subheight640

subheight640 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just get free antivirus.

I'm assuming since you don't have a real copy of Windows you can't get security updates? If that's true your PC's gonna be screwed anyways when a virus gets through.

Without security updates, malware can slip through so easy and destroy everything. It happened to my old computer when I reinstalled Windows but didn't download the security updates yet... I browsed internet for a couple minutes and then got a massive incurable infection.

4. Winejug87

Winejug87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    We aren't judging the price of windows internationally or not......what we are saying is it would probably be better if you did not post that you have a pirated copy of windows online. Saying things like that can result in bad things happening.

And in response to your question about antivirus, you are probably okay with a free antivirus....I'm not really sure what you mean by "original" antivirus

5. mujtaba

mujtaba ZzzZzz Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Discussion of pirating is not allowed on these forums.

6. brunotacca

brunotacca Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ok, thanks by alert.

7. wbpugh

wbpugh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just ordered the NP5125 from XoticPC, but I'm not entirely sure I made the right choice in upgrades. Since the screen seems to be back-ordered until the end of the month, I have some time to change it.

I went with the i5-450m and the Seagate Momentus XT 500gb hybrid HDD. Would I notice more of a change in performance if I dropped the HDD to the base and got the i5-540m processor instead? Also, I heard from feedback on newegg that the hybrid HDD has had some problems. I plan on using this laptop mostly for gaming, taking notes in class, and programming. The longest duration I will need away from an outlet is 3 hours since I have 3 classes back-to-back-to-back, so if the higher performance cpu drains the battery too fast, that is a problem.

Thanks for your help!

8. firzen771

firzen771 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    the Hybrid Hard Drive would increase performance more than having the 540m over the 450m, there really isnt much performance improvement in those 2 CPU's and the HD is really the main bottleneck of most computers today, so a better hard drive is always the best upgrade

and if u got the pre-order for the larger battery (the 62wh one) then 3 hours should be no problem, even with the regular battery u might be able to get 3 hours i think

9. wbpugh

wbpugh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, I got the secondary battery, so I kind of figured battery life was not going to be much of an issue. Thanks for the response.

10. oldenjon

oldenjon Newbie

Reputations:
    i'm having the same issue, it says 'this dongle is not supported'.
    you asked what kind of dongle we're using.
    doesn't this notebook have a built-in bluetooth dongle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.