**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Is there a power light on the the brick? It could just be your power adapter that has died, you can use any adapter that has the same tip dimentions, voltage and so long as the current rating is equal or higher than the current one.

That's 5.5mm * 2.5mm barrel type (outer * inner diameter barrel type) 19V 4.74A (or greater A). So it's a 90W brick.

I would recommend an official replacement and many resellers and sager themselves will sell them.

2. Arfows

Arfows Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine has completely died. The power brick is good. had the hot power jack problem. I replaced the power jack and it did not matter. Anyone have any other ideas before I part it out?

3. darlyn

darlyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I just tested the side mic port for the first time and I think it's broken. At first I thought it wasn't passing through any sound at all, but turns out it was, just at an extremely low volume. Low enough that the only way to hear it is to heavily amplify a recording of it in Audacity, even with the Windows audio boost on and recording levels set to max.

There's a very small chance this might be due to the fact that I'm using a mic/headphone splitter in order to use the single-connection iPhone headset on the split mic/headphone connection this laptop has...but I highly doubt it because the same setup works just fine on another computer.

4. darlyn

Reputations:
    Anyone selling parts for theirs?

5. shteren

shteren Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    haha mine ied also completely last week. its been nice 4.5 years but its time to move on i guess...

the laptop was working flawleslly apart from the power jack being faulty, i could have used it for anther year or two. the system was strong and not lagging.
    sager made a big -up with that power jack and its such a shame, other than that for its time and price it was awsome rig, i still think it has one of the best screens i've seen, excellent brightness and viewing angles....

good-bye dear friend, my new machine is lenovo flex 2 14, also FHD screen, its pretty nice, has a touch screen, so far i love it.

6. Daiei

Daiei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just wanted to chime in and say that other than the powerjack and my left hinge for the screen breaking, this laptop has done wonders for me over the years and is still going strong.

7. darlyn

Reputations:
    That's exactly what broke on mine. Wonder if there's a fix besides replacing the hinge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.