**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esormaj

esormaj Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know where I can download current VGA drivers for NVIDIA for Windows 7 64bit?

The clevo site times out and I cannot get it to download.

2. Heihachi_1337

Heihachi_1337 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here you go Drivers - GeForce

These are the latest WHQL drivers from nVidia, NON-BETA.

3. esormaj

esormaj Newbie

Reputations:
    I appreciate the link but I am actually looking for the official clevo drivers. The current nvidia drivers for the clevo B5130m is bugged and will cause your computer to not be able to access the GPU causing you to only use the INTEL chip and ignore the NVIDIA.

The place I bought the computer from (ibuypower.com) told me to download the drivers from the clevo website and it will fix the problem until NVIDIA releases another update.

4. Heihachi_1337

Heihachi_1337 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  5. Habafu

Habafu Newbie

Reputations:
    I am using the latest drivers from nvidia.com and they are working perfectly.

6. darlyn

darlyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So is this an update? Seeing as it's from September 2010, I have my doubts. And since it obviously didn't do much, even more.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  7. r08

r08 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have had the sager 5135 since october 2010 with i7-640M / 720p /nVidia GT 425M /1024MB 8,192MB DDR3 1066MHz Dual Channel Memory

Is it possible to upgrade the video card? I'm interested in editing video and find this system lacking when editing 1080p video using premier cs5

also, I've been having a lot of trouble getting my MyPassport 1TB drive from WD to work at usb 3.0 speeds. anyone else have trouble with that? Currently troubleshooting it, but no progress so far.

8. oviradoi

oviradoi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also have a Sager NP5135 and I am planning to buy a WD MyPassport USB3 external drive. Can you please elaborate on what the problem is? How bad is the speed?

You can try to update the firmware and driver for your USB3 controller. The Sager NP5135 uses a NEC/Renesas uPD720200 controller. You can get the latest driver and firmware from here: RENESAS/NEC Drivers & Firmwares.

The latest firmware version is 3.0.2.8.0.8, and the latest driver version is 2.1.36.0.

9. r08

r08 Newbie

Reputations:
    I installed the drivers a few times. Still no luck. I get about 30-40 mb/s when the drive is plugged into the 3.0 port. I have heard I should be getting at least 60mb/s. I'm transferring large HD video files and 20meg .CR2 camera raw files.

Windows 7 PROBLEM with USB 3.0 For Some | Windows Secrets Lounge

I will go back to it later, but at this point I'm wasting more time fixing it than I would save in faster transfer speeds.

10. r08

r08 Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought this SSD drive for my 5135. Haven't installed yet. Anyone have any problems installing an SSD? My IT guy wants to use the migration utility, but I'm more of the camp of doing a clean install. (win 7) Anyone have any regrets doing one way or the other?

Amazon.com: OCZ 256GB Vertex 4 Industry's Highest I/O Performance Up to 120K IOPS SATA 6.0 GB/s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive With 5-Year Warranty - VTX4-25SAT3-256G: Computers & Accessories

Also, has anyone installed a 2nd harddrive using the DVD bay? I'm thinking of putting in my 500gb 7200 in that bay and using 2 drives (could use a spinny disk for adobe scratch disk needs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.