**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon

Simon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm unsure on what ram speed we use?

DDR3-1066 (PC38500)
    or
    DDR3-1333 (PC310600)

Cause the front page says... DDR-1066, while CPU-Z says the ram is DDR3-1333.

2. Daiei

Daiei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @infinite012 and darlyn

Same EXACT problem for me too. Plastic melted and laptop doesn't charge properly anymore, but I don't think the two are related. I have to constantly re-position the chord and force it downward. I'm thinking something internally is loose.

How long did the repair take from sent to returned? Any problems still?

3. darlyn

darlyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hope it's not too late for you, but my repair took 12 days from the day I shipped it to the day it arrived back at my doorstep. As for the two issues being related, for both of us the power connection problem started happening shortly after/before the melted plastic one. Definitely get it repaired.

4. arkymedes

arkymedes Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all,

Proudly owner of one of those (Clevo B5130M, i5 430M, GT 425M, 4GB RAM)

I would like to know what is the best processor that we can throw at this baby here. When I bought it, I had the option for an i7 640M but don't know if this is the maximum supported.

I also did some benchmarking with 3DMark06 and some OC using NVIDIA Inspector. These are my results:

Shader Clock/Memory Clock - Result
    No OC: 6511
    1200/720 - 6774
    1300/760 - 7231

Temperature didn't pass 73C on both tests but I'm using a nice cooling pad here.

Cheers.

5. arkymedes

arkymedes Newbie

Reputations:
    Nobody?

/10chars

6. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I believe those were limited to dual core cpus so the top one would be the i7 640M

7. Cody.Canning

Cody.Canning Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone have any experience in Ubuntu with the NP5125 and disabling the dGPU? I just want the nvidia card off so that I can actually have decent battery life. I've tried ironhide and acpi calls with, as of yet, no success.

8. darlyn

darlyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    9Speaking about the GPU, for a bit now there's finally been a way to get the actual GPU temps using RealTemp. Just check the "nVidia" box in the settings. Can everyone post the temps they're getting, especially the NP5125? I'm getting around 49 C at idle, 60-80 at full load (mostly GTA IV and X-Plane). Was getting 20C higher than this until I popped the bottom lid and removed a pretty much solidified chunk of dust that was obstructing the heatsink.

9. shteren

shteren Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    cody canning, sorry for the slow answer, but yeah i use it mostly with ubuntu, and nope, irohide doesn't seem to work for us, i tried asking for some ppl to help me find the right acpi call, anyway you can always shut it down from the bios, i get almost 4 hours battery life on ubuntu with the card down.

everything else works great though you ubuntu, camera mic, even the finger print if you insist on it, multi touch for the mouse pad.

only other thing that hussels me is that screen brightness keys doesn't work, have to use the terminal for that...

10. TDS501

TDS501 Newbie

Reputations:
    Noob question, im new to digital HT and answers are hard to find regarding specific S/PDIF issues. I own a Sager 5135. (for those interested, i too have had issues with some melting near the AC power supply, inconsistent power connection, and a loud fan however i am outside my warranty)

I set my SPDIF Interface under Sound control panel to Default (sound meter on the right responds to show sound recognition). Plug in a Toslink cable mini jack to the far right or away-from-user output (headphone, mic, spdif). Now, the other end of the standard Toslink cable will not light up nor play sound through my optical audio input on my receiver. All components have been verified to work independently of the laptop. I have tried re-installing my drivers as well with no improvement. When i changed my sound to default out to the HDMI (or standard speakers/headphone jack for that matter) everything works flawlessly.

I have read about people using other 'softsynth' software (which i know nothing about). Is this something i need to look into? I would think alternative software wouldnt be necessary... but will do what i must.

[now here's the real dumb question] If the Toslink cable does not light up, then doesnt that indicate that there isnt even a signal being sent by the source? no light = no sound? [had to ask] So in my eyes, my software and audio player are sending, my cable/receiver is ready to receive, but the actual SPDIF output jack is faulty??

little long winded but i wanted to convey that the basic stuff is all there. i am stumped and frustrated. PLEASE HELP!!

----------------

AC3Filter - SPDIF Test:
    DirectSound test:
    DirectSound test:
    48000Hz support: YES
    44100Hz support: YES
    32000Hz support: no
    (Still no red light in toslink cable. What is this implying? I just want to know the source of the issue)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.