**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kungfu71186

kungfu71186 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    no, it uses silverlight right now. Eventually it will use html5 standards so probably x264.

2. firzen771

firzen771 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ah, well does silverlight support hardware acceleration? if not then ur probly out of luck, flash has an option for hardware acceleration which does use the dedicated card

3. CalBear96

CalBear96 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Even if Flash is required, you can use Firefox. You can download it into Firefox... not sure how to in Windows but I did it in Ubuntu and it works great... movies and with Acro 9 finally PDF files opening in browser.

4. firzen771

firzen771 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i was only asking if it used flash because i know flash supports hardware acceleration, so then if it did then it wuld mean ther was something wrong, since its not using flash and idk if silverlight has hardware acceleration support then thers not much that can be done (if it doesnt)

5. CalBear96

CalBear96 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ahh, gotcha. Sorry about that. Does the 5135 have EFI BIOS? Does anyone know if it supports gpart?

6. mythlogic

mythlogic Company Representative

Reputations:
    Kinda, its a Pheonix SecureCore BIOS, so it has an EFI structure, however, it won't boot a UEFI bootloader, unless in a future update they turn that feature on. It appears (unconfirmed) that the new SNB line of sager/clevo's are using AMI Aptio which is a EFI BIOS again, and hopefully there they should turn on UEFI boot as its on by default on Aptio but off by default in SecureCore. GParted should work fine as its a standard intel HM55 board so the controllers and everything else are bog standard.

7. CalBear96

CalBear96 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thank you!

8. Gucky

Gucky Newbie

Reputations:
    I had the opportunity to test two different WXGA++ panels on the B5130M. One was from CMO (N15606-L01) and the other one was from AUO (can't remember the exact model label anymore but it most certainly was B156RW01 **).

My personal impression is that both panels offer high quality regarding brightness, illumination uniformity, black level etc.. However, considering the overall performance of both displays the CMO sample recieves only a subpar rating from me because it tremendously failed in being capable of proper dithering. To illustrate it briefly some colour transitions, especially grey to black, showed a strange rasterisation behaviour (imagine dithering of only 2 different colours). At first I actually thought of it as a manufacturing error but after some feedback of external sources I was told that this is obviously just a not so uncommon indicator of poor quality.

Of course I won't generalize here, my CMO sample could very well be taken from a bad batch, but if I ever get such a panel again I would surely return it within seconds because in my opinion such faulty dithering capability should not be accepted by consumers.

9. CalBear96

CalBear96 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    SWEET!! Just got the laptop in and it is nice. The screen is flexy but less than my gf's Compaq. More updates to follow.

10. CalBear96

CalBear96 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Please disregard this message. I quoted the wrong post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.