**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalBear96

CalBear96 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Mine just shipped. And I had a custom skin on it so I would have a hefty restocking fee. Plus I really don't want to wait another month for my computer. We could play that game indefinitely. Plus I went with the i7 640M so the Sandy Bridge cpu's are not that more advanced and this is for work not fun so I am ok. Though I did notice that the new computers have matte screens which would be very nice to have as i hear reflections are a bit of a problem on these computers especially out of doors. Plus the new computers, while having better battery are pricier as well. My next laptop for ME and games etc. will be after Ivy Bridge when I can have a beast with good battery.

2. zeitfliesst

zeitfliesst Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yup, sounds like a good plan. I also really want the matte screens too because I'm so used to those and it's so hard to get a decent laptop with a matte screen these days!

3. CalBear96

CalBear96 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I know. I have an old Dell now and the screen is pretty darn good and matte. It will be tough to get accustomed to the new gloosy but my gf has a glossy and it's not too bad. Plus I'll be mainly indoors, so it's ok. I read some reviews of SB and they actually sound quite a bit better especially the iGPU, which is important when running an OS that lacks Optimus support which is all of them except Windoze. But for me for now it is overkill. In two years, we'll be approaching 128 bit chips and octal core and these laptops will seem stone age. lol

4. infinite012

infinite012 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The glossy screen isn't so bad. I also came from a Dell Inspiron E1505 with a matte screen with absolutely no reflections, but the screen was dim and had no contrast compared to the FHD screen of the NP5125.

In short, you'll be satisfied with the screen.

5. CalBear96

CalBear96 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Cool. Yeah I have a Latitude D820 and there is no contrast and I always have brightness at max even when it is dark as the screen is so dim.

6. Stryker412

Stryker412 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can confirm the new beta driver from nvidia now works with Punkbuster. I have been in Bad Company 2 for an hour with no issues.

7. zeitfliesst

zeitfliesst Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just got the laptop today! It is such a beautiful machine. The screen is especially mesmerizing. Luckily, no dead pixels or any other problems for that matter. Seems like I have to turn on wireless every time I boot Windows, but I'm sure there is something I'm missing so it seems fixable. Also, the greatest part is that I didn't pay any taxes for this thing! After spending 3 days in Customs I would have expected to pay a hefty tax, but nope, no tax. Really happy with this purchase despite the new Sandy Bridge laptops replacing these.

8. flip4life

flip4life Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am having a very very big problem... I have used my HDMI port maybe 20 times in the last month and all of a sudden, it just stopped working. I tried my vga port and it worked fine, i tested the HDMI cable from my PS3 to the same TV & Monitor I was trying to get my laptop to work on (mind you I have gotten it to work every other time in the past I hooked it up) but now it is not detected. I have the Sager NP5125.. I have had this laptop a little over 4 months and I am extremely angry that this just happened. I have not mis treated this laptop in any way, treated it with care so it would have no reason to stop working all of a sudden. Has this happened to anyone else and knows how to fix it? Maybe reinstalling graphics drivers, or... updating them or something? I honestly believe that it will do nothing as the VGA cable port works fine so why wouldn't the HDMI. Please Please Please!!!!! help me because my stomach is in a knot at the though of having to send my laptop in. I design websites for a living and work off of my laptop.. It would KILL me if I had to send it in. Please someone help with any input or ideas, ANYTHING is appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Alex

9. flip4life

flip4life Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the NP5125 and the drivers installed great and everything, but I ran windows performance after it was installed and all that changed was I recieved a lower score (4.6 -> 4.5) in the "Graphics - desktop performance for Windows Aero. Is it even worth it to keep these drivers on? I mean although the stupid windows score is lower, will it result in better gaming results? Like is that proven on the updated drivers from those on the Sager website? Any input would be appreciated.

10. CalBear96

CalBear96 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    That is awesome!! Congrats. Mine left Colorado last night and I hope that driver drove through the night and arrives in Vegas sometime today, so I get it tomorrow. I can't wait until Friday!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.