**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalBear96

CalBear96 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for the advice.
    @Kingtz: Form what I have heard, they are just making way for Sandy Bridge notebooks. I ordered the computer and it was off the site two days later so I know how you feel. Unfortunately for me i have a custom skin on it so I can't return it. :(

2. firzen771

firzen771 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ye no problem.

3. firzen771

Reputations:
    what company is AUO24EC? that what my monitor is

4. Richteralan

Richteralan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    its AU Optronics. Subsidiary of BenQ Corporation.

5. Richteralan

Reputations:
    by the way, my NP5135 has the same HSD06A5 LCD Panel.
    Manufactured by HannStar Display Corporation

6. firzen771

Reputations:
    hmm after sending in my 5125 for RMA, i just checked the control panel out of a fluke and it says i have 6 days to activate windows but when i click activate it says the product key is invalid for activation...? did replacing my mobo cause windows to be invalid? if so what can i do about this because Sager/XoticPC should 100% be covering this...

7. Richteralan

Reputations:
    call MS for activation. tell them u replaced mobo and sager/xotic pc is the manufacurer

8. bionic747

bionic747 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have the same problems. And I've had every NP5135 battery have the same problems.

9. firzen771

Reputations:
    i didnt say nobody has it... i just said u can clearly see that the majority does not have the problem.

10. r08

r08 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey all, new to this thread. Wish I had found this page before I bought my 5135 a few weeks ago.

I got the i7 from xotic pc. shipped out very quick.
    8 Gigs of ram,
    500 GB HD
    1366 x 768 screen

anything else I'm missing?

This is my first laptop, and first new computer I've bought for myself in 10 years. I've been getting hand me down computers , throwing linux on them, and getting by for email and surfing. Doing more taxing graphics work at work and school. (adobe suite, video editing/rendering)

strangely enough I needed a laptop that could do it all except for gaming: I was in a hurry to get a new laptop, and spent about 10 hours researching the market. This one seemed like the best bang for the buck. My big focus is the Adobe suite, and doing video, I'm sure there were more appropriate rigs out there, but for around 1000 bucks (bought this without WIN7 installed) I couldn't find a better deal elsewhere.

Really happy with the asthetics, love the barebones look of it, Kinda want to peel off the sager sticker on the front, (friend suggested rearranging the letters to say "sega") I agree it's not totally rock solid, and I baby it a bit, but the value is still a no brainer...I wasn't ready to drop 4,000 on a similarly equipped thinkpad, or whatever the corporate tough type laptops are called.

Anyways, got the lower res screen 13??x7?? and I'm happy with it. I can plug it into a higher res screen at home, and that works fine, the VGA to my 42" HDTV with 1080p runs great, (am i stupid to think i don't need an HDMI cable?) netflix streams beautifully in HD, (which was a nother need of mine, i've been paying for netflix and up untill now I haven't been able to watch HD streaming.)

got pretty geeky when I first got it and tried to micromanage my power settings, did the whole batter discharge and recharge as recommended per the manual untill I read so many conflicting arguments on the matter that I just threw my hands up and decided not to spend anoter minute worrying about it, and just replace the battery when it dies. sounds like If I stress out for 1 hour a day on my battery I'll be able to milk a nother few weeks of life out of it, not worth the worry in my opinion.

That being said, I'm still interested in downloading some really good monitoring/logging software. I've downloaded coretemp, and that seems good, but only shows 2 cores, and not the gpu temps. I downloaded batterybar, speedfan (although that doesn't give me any fan settings)
    mobimeter doesn't work.

does anyone have any good monitoring recommendations? I would like all 4 cores, gpu temp, and cpu load...and logging overtime would be great.

Has anyone upgraded their fan? I'm really interested in keeping the laptop as cool as possible, for no other reason that I'm OCD. i'm getting under 50c for the 2 cores that show up in the CORETEMP software.

At first my GPU wasn't working well (only game is play is minecraft) and it was terrible looking and slow (must have been running of the igpu) for whatever reason, it started working, and the few nvidia tech demos i downloaded started looking and running amazing, minecraft is supersmooth and pretty.

don't know what happened there.

I've tried running 3dmark11 but I get the same error that someone else on this thread found, it says my system doesn't support dx11 or something. Any idea what that is?

anyways, sorry for the long post, really like the sager, really like xotic PC. kinda wish I spent more money for a more rock solid feeling machine, but I would have easily gotten out of my pricerange at that price. I like to think of this machine like a budget hightech racecar, fast, light and ugly looking...not a mercades benz.

Don't have much to compare this too, but i've been really happy,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.