**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VZX

VZX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone know whether sager produces a 9-cell battery for this model?
    2.5 hours is normal and to be expected from 6-cell battery

2. Shane@DARK.

Shane@DARK. Company Representative

Reputations:
    There is no 9-cell batter for this model. However, there is this interesting tidbit of information: Clevo makes two different 6-cell batteries for this model: a 48.84Wh battery and a 62.16Wh battery. According to Clevo, the 62.16Wh battery gets 300 minutes (5 hours) battery life. Sager currently only carries the 48Wh battery, but I'm trying to see if I can get my hands on that 62Wh one.

3. Neuntoter

Neuntoter Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah I had seen only that one from Clevo, I guess I didn't see the difference hopefully you can get that better battery. This notebook though seems designed around good battery life and I really doubt that 2.5 is a fair assessment. Remember this has Optimus in it too, and with proper backlight decreasing and power management you should be able to squeeze out much more.

Full out gaming laptops manage 2.5 hours. Even 2-4 year models pulled 2.5 and I would imagine times are better.

Then again if you are running it on battery with your LED backlight at full and bluetooth, wifi, etc all turned on all while playing the latest games and you opt for the i7 processor, I guess you should expect such a low amount of battery life.

4. Bubbasticky

Bubbasticky Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow that would make a huge difference! How do you think it'll impact the price? Or, could this just be somewhat of a battery crapshoot analogous to Samsung shipping random LCD panels with their 226BW monitors (S, A, or C-panels of varying quality but priced identically)?

I'm getting more and more into this new model the more I look at it. It seems to strike a great balance between overall speed, size, portability, and gaming performance for a school/business-oriented user that could occasionally game on it.

5. VZX

VZX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't remember any remarkable gaming laptop that could break 2-hours mark with 48Wh capacity battery. If you scale it, 2 hours is good coming from 48Wh battery, counting optimus in.

- HP Envy 15, using maximum brightness, it can reach 2hr 40min idling using 93Wh battery
    - By user review, MSI GX640, using max brightness, idling reach 2.5 hours battery life.It uses 9-cell battery (85Wh)
    - G73Jh got 1hr 48mins as reviewed from notebookreview.com with minimum brightness. It uses 8-cell battery (75Wh)

6. Shane@DARK.

Reputations:
    I would think the extended battery would run around $40~60 more than the regular battery, but that's just wild speculation. My account rep at Sager is currently in talks with Clevo to get the extended battery, and I contacted some other Clevo importers and none of them have it. I'm crossing my fingers about it, as a 5 hour battery would probably be the major selling point of the laptop.

7. gsparx

gsparx Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Would you mind letting us know when you get information about the extended battery? I would even be willing to purchase it separately as long as 4 hours was possible. Thanks

G

8. Shane@DARK.

Reputations:
    Don't worry, I'll post any information as soon as I get it :)

9. gsparx

gsparx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So I talked to a guy from Xoticpc and he said that the "high capacity battery" would be an option in their configuration soon. However, when I asked how soon (specifically if it would be by the end of the summer) he said

"I am sorry, I really don’t have time frame can help now!"

Not sure why the "can help now!" was tacked on the end, but whatever. So I guess it's a wait-and-see kind of situation for me. I need that extended battery. Does anyone know if I could just purchase it separately from some Sager/Clevo reseller?

Thanks

G

10. Shane@DARK.

Reputations:
    You could definitely purchase it separately if/when it comes out. The last I heard from Sager about it was in an email at 7:14PM last night saying that they're waiting for a response from Clevo about the battery because apparently Clevo never told Sager that the 62.16Wh battery existed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.