**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokeli

Tokeli Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The top screen case is pretty easy to press on from the top. The rest of the case seems sturdy enough (especially the hinges), but I wouldn't carry it in a way that could drop it, even in a bag. I'm not up to ruining my warranty by opening it to see if there's a metal chassis though. Palmrests feel really solid, and the keyboard only has a little give.

2. Neuntoter

Neuntoter Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    o_O

i5 m540 on b1500m and I have 0 choppiness or stuttering at all period for video.
    This includes Youtube 1080p.

3. rdtmk

rdtmk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ordered my NP5135 from xoticpc today:

1920x1080 screen
    i5 460M
    4GB RAM
    500GB HDD
    Intel 6200 wireless

I'm an architecture student and this will be replacing my Thinkpad T500 which has a broken motherboard but was also getting a little long in the tooth. It'll be used mainly for CAD/Revit/Sketchup/Photoshop where I think the high res screen will really shine.

I'm excited and I hope the overall quality of the laptop lives up to my expectations (although nothing compares to a Thinkpad).

If i'm not happy hopefully i'll be able to return it to xotic in time for any Black Friday deals.

4. Kytael

Kytael Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    are the youtube videos using your iGPU or dGPU?

5. rdtmk

rdtmk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Something has to be wrong because 1080p played fine on my Thinkpad with a lowly Core 2 Duo with only 2gigs of RAM and integrated GPU...

6. shteren

shteren Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    unless you cancel optimus in the bios, or manage to find the right acpi call to turn it off...

either way having it on is useless since you can't load nvidia drivers without having a black screen. and between nouvue and using the igpu i think the igpu is better, so just turn it off, no point of giving it power, mybe it will live longer that way.

7. Daiei

Daiei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think I finally found the cause of my computer hanging and freezing intermittently, it's gotta be the Momentus XT HHD. My symptoms are known problems, actually pretty common, and I'm seeing my HD activity light come on every time the system hangs.

Anyone else with the Momentus able to share their experience? Or anyone know programs I could use to definitely point out some issues/errors/faults in my HD?

I'm debating if I should RMA my laptop or just buy another HD, because the shipping and wait for RMA is going to be a hassle, especially me living in Hawaii.

Such a shame, this laptop was FLAWLESS for the first two months...

8. Justin@XoticPC

Justin@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I have searched our service reports and have not seen this problem come up with the XT HDD. Have you viewed the event log to see if that reveals anything?

9. bionic747

bionic747 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    just got my np5135 yesterday. screen isn't as good, oh well. the lid is much better.thicker plastic, and the sager logo no longer pops out, so I won't have to worry about cutting myself on it (and consequently I can't remove it). DVD drive is still noisy as hell. and webcam is unrecognized when trying to install drivers and not able to install other option drivers as well. other than that, all seems the same, and I'm happy to have a directx11 card.

and could be imagination, but the touchpad seems less rough from the get-go.

10. silentninja

silentninja Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you post up some highres pictures?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.