**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlyBriUR

FlyBriUR Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You should be able to get over 3 hours if you turn down the brightness and put it in power saver mode if you're doing just web browsing, word processing, etc. Don't expect that if you're watching video, etc.

There are other places you can order it, such as PCTorque.com. I'm pretty sure both look exactly the same, just a slightly upgraded CPU, GPU, and webcam.

2. Doberman

Doberman Newbie

Reputations:
    It's true. It's the selling point of this laptop... fairly powerful discrete gpu available when needed, with a long battery life when on integrated gpu at other times.

3. Doberman

Doberman Newbie

Reputations:
    I had stuttering video playback as well - "tearing" effects using VLC. And that was with the Nvidia active. I figured out that it was because I turned off Windows Aero. Once I turned that back on, the tearing went away and all the videos I play look fine. I don't understand why Aero matters to VLC, but there you have it.

I haven't posted much, but I just got this laptop last Monday. Of course, it's obsolete now :-( But I'm happy. The screen really is beautiful (no problems on mine). The keyboard is fine to me, although I can see what is mean by it being flexible (if you type with one hand while resting the other on the keyboard, you can feel vibrations with the resting hand). The only complaint I have so far is the mousepad buttons make a fairly loud "clack" sound when pressed - makes me want to use tap on the mousepad as much as possible.

4. firzen771

firzen771 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i can achieve 4-4.5hours or so if i go full power saving

but regular use, internet surfing 3 -3.5 hours aprox. at most

and watching a movie on the intel GPU, about 2.5 hours

those are all the things ive tried on battery so far.

but just so u know, the antivirus u use, CAN make a large different on battery life (up to 30 mins diff if not more sometimes) so choice of AV is pretty important, im using Avast free and thats quite good on system performance and doesnt have high disk usage (which is typically the biggest battery killer with AV's)

5. Audible101

Audible101 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey someone correct me if im wrong but in the video review that XOTICPC had on this didn't justin say that it does not support multi-touch gestures?

Well either i heard wrong or he was wrong but i have full multi-touch. Pinch Zoom. Two finger scroll, rotate. the build quality is great i don't know how anyone can say anything bad about build quality. this thing is sold no noise from the plastic it is built like a rock. only complaint the lid does flex slightly if you press down really hard but regular use it is fine..One thing that annoys me is the speakers man they are horrible..can we start a mod on replacing these speakers? :)

6. shteren

shteren Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    well franquely i haven't tried watching movies on windows yet, only in linux, and they work fine, 1080 videos with the igpu are flawless, and the cpu stay clocked at 1.2 GHz, i guess it's a software problem what you've experianced.

about that didn't answer my question about the green dots and blurry screen happenings...

it dff have multi touch :) it's awsome, too bad i couldn't get it working in ubuntu.
    and about the speakers, i was thinking about opening this lappy and see what can you do about the speakers, i need to get more comfty with it, it's too new for me to start opening up and removing things...

either way i'm guessing the speakers themself are fine it's just that the acoustic design is horrible, i'll see what can be done sometime in the future.
    if anyone feels brave he can upload pictures and i we could do some brain storming, i happen to have some background with acousting mechanics...

7. Daiei

Daiei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, now that I think about it, my laptop is perfectly fine and I don't want to take the chance of getting a defective one like all these other horror stories. Don't wanna push my luck!

8. Daiei

Daiei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Avast.

Free, fast, doesn't eat up a lot of resources. I've had no virus problems since I've used it although it has blocked some attempts.

9. Tokeli

Tokeli Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm surprised now at the NotebookReview review. The case is not flimsy, the keyboard feels (while not very) solid enough. And you have to press purposefully on the screen to make an imprint. They make it sound like this laptop will fall apart and explode if you sneeze on it.

And getting another, worse-off laptop is exactly why I'm holding out and hoping I can fix this fingerprint reader all by myself without sending it back.

One other bad thing I've noticed is that watching a movie, even on the iGPU, sucks down the battery at an agonizingly fast rate.

10. firzen771

firzen771 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i didnt notice it draining that fast, aprox 2.5 hours watching a movie on iGPU for me compared to maybe 3.5 hours browsing doesnt seem bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.