**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon

Simon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have no fan issues so far, maybe that's because my cooler is the NZXT Cryo LX?

2. Daiei

Daiei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bought this - Belkin Slim Backpack

Might lack the protection you need if you're rough, but I baby my electronics so it does just fine for me. Perfect for college.

I only tweak my HD settings when I'm running on a system that needs more power or is getting old. This laptop is a beast and doesn't really need any tweaking.

Unless, there's some tips you have that would HUGELY impact performance?

3. infinite012

infinite012 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    A notebook cooler is not something that you can easily carry around along with the laptop, nor is it something that we should be required to use.

I just bought some Arctic Silver 5 and will plop some onto the CPU and GPU (along with whatever else the heatsink has direct contact with). Hopefully that will drop my temps and keep the fan from turning on.

4. Simon

Reputations:
    Well, true.
    I had IC Diamond Thermal Paste installed by Xotic.
    And my power option during class is like 0% minimum to 5% maximum?
    I only use it for notetaking. :eek:

5. JippyTheLion

JippyTheLion Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, new forum user here, so apologies in advance for any breaches in etiquette I didn't know about.

I got the 5125 as a laptop for college, intending to use it for SC2/WoW/other random games and taking notes in classes that let me have a computer. For gaming and normal use it works fine, but I've been having a number of small issues that have finally irritated me to point of asking for help.

1. If I turn the touchpad off using fn-f1, it turns back on after I close/reopen the computer. I have been working around this by entirely disabling the touchpad. This is more an annoyance than anything else.

2. Every few times I close the computer to pack it up for class, it doesn't turn off. The Optimus light turns orange like the dGPU is running, and the power/charging/numlock lights stay on, but the screen is blank and unresponsive. This might be my own fault for not waiting long enough before unplugging the computer.

3. When using headphones for music, the sound initially sounds like it is underwater and the treble is nonexistant. I'm not sure of a better way of describing it. Changing the L/R balance in the Realtek Audio Manager fixes this to a point, but the bass still drowns everything else out. I've been using a vlc filter to lower the bass and boost the treble.

4. I've been having major problems with the Optimus. It was working fine when I first got the computer, but now everything tries to run on the iGPU unless I specifically right click-run on dGPU. Every few times I right click on the desktop icons, explorer crashes and has to restart. I believe I am currently using the drivers off of the disk.

5. I've been getting a lot of bsod's. All of them have been when the computer is closed in sleep mode. I've typically been getting one every couple days.

I think I'm forgetting a few and some of these are probably unfixable, but hopefully someone can shed some light on the problems.

My specs for the record
    XoticPC Sager NP5125
    Screen: 15.6" LED FHD 1920x1080
    Processor: Core i5 540m
    Graphics: nVidia GT 330m w/ Optimus
    Memory: 4gb DDR3 Ram
    Hard Drive: 500GB
    Wireless: Intel Ultimate-N 6300
    Thermal Compound: IC Diamond

Sorry for the wall of text, thanks in advance for any help.

6. Simon

Reputations:
    Well, to give a quick response...
    1.My fn+f1 works fine at all, so I don't know about yours. Maybe it's the driver or something? :/ I can't help with this one.
    2. Try and wait a bit longer I guess, I always wait until it fully hibernates or turns off before I pack it up and go to class.
    3. My headphones work pretty good, I'm not sure how underwater sounds like. Sorry. :[
    4. Optimus, isn't there a nVidia control panel where you can set Optimus to be the default instead? I have mine set to the integrated and just right click, run as Optimus whenever I do need to use it.
    5. I hardly get any BSoDs, well, I don't usually put my computer to sleep, it is either hibernated, locked, logged off, or shut down.

My integrated graphics driver sometimes crash and it says Windows XP Integrated Driver crashed, I don't have XP.

7. legendarygizmo

legendarygizmo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Updated Specs? I was browsing xoticpc earlier and noticed that it seems like it has been updated with 1024MB DDR3 nVIDIA GT 425M w/ Optimus and all the CPU's are different now, look at the i5-580M, so pretttty with turbo. :)

Feel sorry for the people that purchased it earlier when this just recently came out =( That was kind of a quick refresh.

8. Vishfx

Vishfx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    WoW that is great news !!!!

I wonder , how big is the boost from 330m to 425m though ???

9. splosczynski

splosczynski Newbie

Reputations:
    I just noticed the update to the NP5125 and the NP7110 myself. I've been keeping an eye on this thread for quite some time and almost made a purchase. Glad I didn't pull the trigger too soon...

10. Justin@XoticPC

Justin@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    The new models were just released tonight. In addition to the GPU Update you will notice it comes with a 2MP Camera now on both 7130 (aka 7110) and the 5135 (aka 5125). Any customer pending shipment will get the new model. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.