**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flip4life

flip4life Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    only difference between you two are the HD screen you have compared to the FHD screen he has and the processor.. you have the 450 and he has the 540... There is no way that the processor and screen would make that big of a difference in battery though.......

2. Daiei

Daiei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The speakers ARE horrible, the worst I've experienced. Volume is at 100% and I can barely hear.

Bah, nothing headphones can't fix though. Still love this baby :)

3. brunotacca

brunotacca Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks shteren, i'm formating my machine again (3rd), but... well, the manual says to me, install the Intel GMA driver first, and after nVidia driver.
    I download the lastest drivers from sager site.

Well... this is correct? First the Intel and second the nvidia?

And, what did u mean about "Nvidia Settings", u mean "Nvidia Control Pannel"? If it is, i dont find any "global settings" in Nvidia CP.

Thanks.

4. Kytael

Kytael Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine is on the backorder still, so I'll be waiting for a while

here's another review to compare the 400 series and 500 series processors by: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Intel-Core-i3-i5-i7-Processors-Arrandale.25085.0.html

5. firzen771

firzen771 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    even on high performance mode, with the screen at 1 brightness, 1 hour brings my battery down to only 80%, so in theory in that mode i should still get aprox 4-5 hour of battery life (that is with utorrent running, a onenote document and firefox)

6. Injek

Injek Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have one question, how does the 1366x768 screen fare against the FHD screen in terms of contrast/colour and overall viewing experience?

7. brunotacca

brunotacca Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Man.. what i'm doing wrong?
    I've downloaded all lastest drivers from here:
    Software Upgrade
    All 64bits versions.

And i can't see the option that guys says: Global Settings in nVidia CP.
    I'm now downloading the lastest driver from nvidia site, i will try install him.

I search a lot, and found one unique "Global Settings" in pc, he was in Graphic Properties on Intel CP, then have an "Device" box, and only give-me option to use Integrated Device.
    Where is the option to use the Dedicated Device?

Can anyone help-me? What i'm doing wrong?

8. Juano11

Juano11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm glad your happy with your laptop.

So far, my screen is perfect also.

I'm happy with the keyboard.

As someone else suggested earlier...open the Realtek audio and turn all of the Equalizer settings to the max. It does make the audio better, not good, just better. Meaning you can actually hear things over some ambient noise without putting your ear to the keyboard.

Just used it while laying in bed for the first time last night. I also noticed the sharpish edge on the front and found it irritating. A fairly small niggle though. I suppose I'll get used to it.

9. Juano11

Juano11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I dunno, exactly, how to quantify "sturdiness", but I would say that it feels average/slightly above average.

I certainly does not feel cheap, but I wouldn't try hitting it with a hammer.

As my first new laptop in several years, it feels miles better than my old one.

10. firzen771

firzen771 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    the regular screen (which i got) is actually quite nice, much better than the screen on my dad's dell laptop, brighter, and def better contrast.

only diff id say is the resolution, thats really the only major diff between them so choose based on ur need for resolution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.