**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bionic747

bionic747 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ikendiken, it seems like you're gonna have to wait.

Package, come package come. out for delivery.

2. flip4life

flip4life Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So I don't know if I should be happy or mad. The supposedly "back ordered" Sager NP5125 was somehow shipped to me today after asking xoticPC about making the change in my i5-540m to a i5-450m. It was still on stage 1 of (order confirmation) and out of nowhere just changed to stage 4 (order shipped) tracking number below... I was in return not able to make the change in my proccessor but it is an expected delivery date of the 23rd... Whereas I was expecting on not getting it until early October (back order was supposed to be until the 22nd or so of September).

Soo I am confused as to why they told me it was on backorder and when I asked to change my processor out of nowhere they updated my account at xoticPC saying it was shipped. It jumped from stage 1 to stage 4 in a day not even going through stages 2 and 3 which were supposed to be like a 5-7 business day stages. Is it because I am not getting the OS put on by xoticPC but ordered it without an OS so then Sager is just shipping it straight to me and it never reaches the XoticPC facility then? Any help would be appreciated... Thanks [:

Sager NP5125:
    1st Place: i5 540m | 4GB | FHD | 500GB HDD | N6300 | DVD - 5 | Flip4Life, Juano11, Shteren, Stryker412, Kytael
    2nd Place: i5 450m | 4GB | FHD | 320GB HDD | N6300 | DVD - 3 | Audible101, BentBoiler, Autumn Demon
    3nd Place: i5 450m | 4GB | FHD | 500GB HDD | 80/N63 | DVD - 2 | Divine, Bionic747
    3rd Place: i7 620m | 4GB | FHD | 500GB HYB | 80/N63 | DVD - 2 | brunotacca, washogren
    4th Place: i5 520m | 4GB | FHD | 500GB HYB | 802.11 | DVD - 1 | VZX
    4th Place: i5 520m | 4GB | FHD | 500GB HDD | 802.11 | DVD - 1 | infinite012
    4th Place: i5 450m | 4GB | FHD | 500GB HYB | N6300 | BLU - 1 | Daiei
    4th Place: i5 450m | 4GB | FHD | 320GB HDD | N6300 | BLU - 1 | mcfaddenator
    4th Place: i5 450m | 4GB | _HD | 500GB HDD | N6300 | DVD - 1 | Firzen771
    4th Place: i5 450m | 4GB | FHD | 320GB -> 90GB SSD | N6300 | DVD - 1 | Daryl Z
    4th Place: i5 430m | 8GB | FHD | 320GB -> 128GB SSD | N6300 | BLU - 1 | Mark121

Sager NP7110:
    1st Place: i5 450m | 4GB | FHD | 320GB HDD | N6200 | DVD - 1 | Sumik

XoticPC - 11 | Flip4Life, Firzen771, Sumik, Shteren, infinite012, Stryker412, Audible101, washogren, mcfaddenator, Kytael, Divine
    SagerNotebooks.com - 3 | Daryl Z, VZX, brunotacca, Autumn Demon
    PowerNotebooks.com - 2 | Daiei, BentBoiler
    RJTech.com - 1 | Mark121
    ??????? - Juano11, Bionic747
    **If any of the above people could mention to me on this forum or in a private message where they purchased their laptop, it would be appreciated in getting these statistics up, Thanks!

3. infinite012

infinite012 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I don't have a hybrid drive, just the regular 500gb.

4. Daiei

Daiei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My personal opinion, research should be done BEFORE ordering a laptop (or anything for that matter). No use dwelling over your lost $100, just be happy it's on the way and you avoided the back order hiatus.

RESEARCH PEOPLE. Even easier, the sales associates at XoticPC and PowerNotebooks are there to help you, ask them questions.

And, Delivery Status: OUT FOR DELIVERY

GIGGITY GIGGITY

5. shteren

shteren Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    ok i'm having my first problem with this babe, can't connect to ethernet networks, wifi works great (6300).

it seems like the computer recognizes the adapter just fine but it can;t seem to connect to my home network, did anyone try to use the ethernet?

i'm exchanging mails with sager and so far nothing...

6. firzen771

firzen771 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    my ethernet works fine, i use it when im in my dorm room since its more reliable than wireless

PS. make sure ur using an ethernet cable and not one for a modem (modem one is slightly smaller but looks identical to ethernet, i made that same mistake at first using the cable that came with the laptop which turned out to be a modem cable not an ethernet cable, so with the modem cable it did identify the network, but could not get an internet connection which sounds like the problem ur having)

7. Mark121

Mark121 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I believe the power savings setting in the bios might be preventing you from connecting with the NIC card.
    By pressing F2 on boot up and entering the bios under advanced settings
    the setting is called Jmicron power setting disable from enable.

8. shteren

shteren Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    thanks but i'm sure it's the right cable since i used it for sereval comps, and either way ethernet cable doesn't go into the modem slot.

tried it now after i saw your message, doesn't help.

it just sais unidentified network, no internet connection

9. infinite012

infinite012 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Try reinstalling drivers. Enable the device in your device manager (right click "My Computer", click "Properties", click "Device Manager" and then find your network adapter. It might be a yellow question mark. Install or update driver. Profit!

10. shteren

shteren Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    thanks for the advices, tried this aswell... well the nice guy from sager sais i need to buy a new cable CA6 since the np5125 has a gigabit ethernet adapter and old cables are not good...

it seems reasonable except that my desktop has an integrated gigabit adapter and it works just fine with the same cable...

can anyone comment on this subject? did anyone used the ethernet using an old cable?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.