**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcfaddenator

mcfaddenator Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Nope, I didn't. I ordered the 42Wh battery and it came with one 62.16Wh battery. washogren's came with two 62.16Wh batteries because he ordered a second battery during the half-off deal.

2. flip4life

flip4life Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah.. but think about it.. how important really is it to constantly see the light.. normally you check if it is on for num lock once and if it is then you ignore it for the remainder of the time on the computer really.. who uses scroll lock and caps lock.. well if you are typing in all caps then buddy.. its on. So I find it not bad at all maybe even better that it is just hidden but not HIDDEN. Oh well.

3. flip4life

Reputations:
    There was no confirmation that the i5-450 has a higher 3D Benchmark then the i5-540.. I know it was confirmed with the i5-520 but as for the i5-540, there is a significant increase in the ghz and it has a turbo of over 3ghz so from what I heard is the i5-540 is better overall.. even if it maybe scores the same as the i5-450 3D Benchmark.. as i recall it scored a tad bit higher but then again I dont remember exactly.

PS. 100th Post :D

4. Daiei

Daiei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Donald is very committed to customer service. I'm sure if you asked and have a rational reason, he'd be happy to assist you anyway he can.

5. mcfaddenator

Reputations:
    Actually, the i5-450m does better than both the 540m and 520m in Passmark's system benchmark (which evaluates CPU and GPU separately). So we have a logical reason, and evidence.

PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

6. infinite012

infinite012 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Playing Solitaire with nothing else on in the background, I noticed the fan was spinning away like it always does. This prompted me to take a series of photos!

[​IMG]

I got my IR thermometer out and measured the screen temperature. This is with the brightness all the way down:
    [​IMG]

Then I measured the vent on the left side:
    [​IMG]

Got a bit more curious and took off the bottom panel:
    [​IMG]

I believe this is the south bridge chipset:
    [​IMG]

GPU? I don't really know:
    [​IMG]

CPU. This I know for sure!
    [​IMG]

All temperature readings are in Fahrenheit.

7. flip4life

Reputations:
    How can a processor with that much higher of a ghz speed (i5-540)not have any benefit over a processor with such a lower speed (i5-450).. there has to be SOME benefit of the i5-540 over the i5-450. you can not tell me that there is not even ONE place where it is better. Like does the test take the 3ghz of turbo into affect and everything? because i just don't see how it is physically possible for it to be so much worse with so much more of a turbo boost..

Someone please help with this because I have time to switch from the i5-540m to the i5-450m and save about $100 or so.. I just need to hear it from multiple people or hear that there is literally NO BENEFIT WHATSOEVER over the i5-540m over the i5-450m..

Thanks

8. mcfaddenator

Reputations:
    PHEW! For a sec I though that was Celsius. My mind almost asploded.

That looks about right for Fahrenheit, a little cool actually.

9. mcfaddenator

Reputations:
    It has a higher frequency, so in some areas that are dependent on frequency and not transfer between parts, the i5-540m will win. In most applications, they're about neck and neck.

10. VZX

VZX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    mcfaddenator got 6.5k 3DMark006 on his system w/o overclock and latest driver
    Charles' review also used 450m, which got him 6.6k on 3DMark06.

Mine is 6066, Sumik's is somewhere along 6100 something. What is yours?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.