**OFFICIAL Sager NP5125/Sager NP5135/Clevo B5130M Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Skwiggler, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMadS

BigMadS Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm having a problem with the eSata drive I ordered with my computer from XoticPC...when I plug in the drive to the computer (1 USB, 1 eSata) while booted, it doesn't recognize it. When I try and reboot with it plugged in, it hangs at post...not sure what's going on, any suggestions?

2. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Try it with just the eSATA cable. The USB is for power only, and you probably don't need it.

See if it works better that way.

3. Gnick

Gnick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow sorry I was kind of hoping you would just happen to own one of those games! Didn't mean to send you on a demo hunt. Thanks for trying it out!

However, I think you might have played one of the older Sam & Max's, possibly the Culture Shock demo? My mistake, I should have been more clear. For some reason the engine here has zero issue for me. The problem only occurs in the newer episodes (the 300 series) where they overhauled the engine.

If you still want to try this out, I'd download this demo here:
    Download Sam and Max The Devils Playhouse PC Demo

I looked around to see if I could find a game with a smaller demo file, but all of the games with smaller downloads used engines that avoided the issue.

The mouse lag only occurs with a handful of games really, it seems, but it's consistent and problematic.

If you do go through the trouble, the problem is obvious before you even start the game - if you just move the mouse side-to-side rapidly in the menu you notice definite lag. If it's not obvious, you can hit ALT-ENTER to go to windowed mode, at which point the lag will mysteriously vanish. Hit ALT-ENTER again and it should be pretty clear.

If you don't have time, I understand - I might be able to get a friend with a similar laptop to try this out and see if I can find out anything there.

Thanks again

4. VZX

VZX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Try installing Intel Rapid Storage Drive. Mine recognize it as soon as I install the driver.

5. VZX

VZX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does that also hold true for all other new laptops with USB 3.0? or just Sager/NP5125 have this kind of gimmick?

6. subheight640

subheight640 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Dude that sucks. Why would Sager treat buying customers like that??? I don't quite understand how the Clevo business model works but why do you have to go through Sager to buy Clevo barebones?

7. BigMadS

BigMadS Newbie

Reputations:
    With just the eSATA cable, the computer recognizes nothing (which is what usually happens anyway), but the light on the drive also doesn't turn on, and the drive doesn't spin up...no power.

I installed the Intel Rapid Storage Driver off their site...same thing occurs, doesn't recognize on plug-in, and when I boot, the post gets stuck at "Video BIOS shadowed"

The boot problems only happen when i plug in the eSATA for the drive, not if I try booting with the USB's attached...

8. shteren

shteren Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    For statistics, i ordered the same setup as the most popular one from xotic.

I'm getting mine in 3 days and since i'm a diehard ubuntu user i'm going to invest some time in making it work.
    I'll update on the subject later and will be happy to help with any questions.

9. Shane@DARK.

Shane@DARK. Company Representative

Reputations:
    I can't say why Sager would do this all of a sudden; my guess is we were taking too much business away from resellers and/or too many people were asking them to match our prices.

To buy direct from Clevo you have to order in very large quantities, so Sager and Pro-Star (the two US Clevo distributors) buy in those quantities and then act as distributors to us smaller companies.

10. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    It is not a gimmick. It is a fact that no one makes a SATA III controller for laptops, so all laptops are limited to SATA II speed for data transfer to or from their HDD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.